SAP Senior FI Consultant Indirect Tax
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Jul 7 2020
As an SAP Senior FI Consultant, Indirect Tax, you will be responsible for the product domain Indirect Tax specifically for North America and Latin America. This will span from project work, global indirect tax enhancements and resolving Business As Usual (BAU) issues. The expectation for this individual is to build excellent stakeholder relationships within this region and be hands on within the delivery of projects, enhancements and BAU issues.
The Senior SAP FI Consultant is recognized as the go to SME for their product, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value. Champion backlog prioritization, iteration planning working with the North and Latin America tax teams.
- Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery, service performance and manage business risk within the scope of their product domain. They would also be responsible for representing the product set in governance boards such as Steering and Design Authority.
- Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Planning and owning the execution of the product roadmap, associated with the scope of their product set. The incumbent will complete hands on configuration, providing detailed designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Responsible for ensuring all products within the domain are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place, partnering with the Operations team to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and escalations.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 7-10 years relevantexperience in a major global Tech organization as SAP FI consultant/senior consultant
- Track record in successful solution design, Programme and product delivery and service management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience of vendor management Tech/BPO outsourcing. This role will require working with third parties such as Vertex and Thompson Reuters.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Hands-on experience of implementing SAP Indirect Taxation across North America and Latin America as well as the integration with Sales and Distribution, Materials Management and SAP General Ledger.
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
- Excellent ability to work individually as well as across teams.
- Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products). This must include a breadth of experience across the following areas:
- Experience of configuring external tax engines such as Vertex and reporting solutions such as Thompson Reuters MasterSAF.
- Hands on configuration of Note Fiscal (Brazil), Padrones/Perception Tax (Argentina)
- Commercial Awareness: Excellent understanding of how indirect tax policies are evolving in the broader external ecosystem within North and Latin America.
- Excellent ability to work across functions and cultures to deliver changes. The individual will need to work with support centers within Costa Rica, Kuala Lumpur and India to delivery BAU changes.
- Excellent ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications / system requirements, ability to configure, test and deploy the changes within the SAP system.
- Excellent ability to understand the unique nature of delivering on a single ERP instance and the ability to articulate any cross functional impact of tax changes on other areas of the system.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top