SAP Basis Analyst
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Nov 7 2019
- Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience Required
- Minimum 12 years of total experience in SAP BASIS preferably with more than 8 yrs. of relevant experience in core SAP environment patching & upgradation.
- Strong Oracle/HANA admin experience preferred
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle of an SAP implementation which included delivery of a new SAP system
- Experience of hybrid operations (on-prem with cloud integrations)
- Experience leading dotted-line reportees and balancing conflicting priorities
- Experience of working in a global company including being part of a globally dispersed, multi-time zone support team.
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience a plus.
- Ability to manage escalation at senior stakeholder level
- Effectively able to communicate and influence technical discussions with senior management when necessary & demonstrate leadership skills.
Minimum Level of Education Required
Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience
ITIL Foundation Certificate
Preferred Level of Education
SAP Certified Technology Specialist
- Accountable for end-to-end project management of SAP installation and upgrades for complex and large landscape in independent manner across range of SAP application and MS Azure environments
- Responsible to perform upgrade, patching to SAP and non-SAP environments
- Lead troubleshooting/analysis and resolve E2E technical problems in SAP BASIS Domain
- Lead SAP HANA implementations, management, and troubleshooting, configuration and SAP data migration
- Responsible to define patching strategy, configure, monitor, maintain and support SAP environment.
- Ensure the team & environment stays up-to-date with SAP releases, enhancements, new functionality and application research. Demonstrate ability to make recommendations to senior management with recommendations of ways to decrease costs, improve performance, improve reliability, or improve availability with ability to patch the environments.
- Responsible to own & perform SAP Basis operations activities in 24X5 environment (Weekends on-call) which includes troubleshoot/analyse and resolve day-to-day escalated technical operational issues & major operation incidents.
- Performs peer review of changes for team members to identify potential issues before they become problems within the production environment and provide L3 support for SAP applications.
- Lead and supervise strategic partners and CW's which are geographically spread & executing SAP administration activities
- Strong offshore/strategic partnership skills
- Ability to manage/influence matrix organizations
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top