SAP Basis Analyst
- Bengaluru, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Nov 7 2019
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience Required
- Minimum 8 years of total experience in SAP BASIS support activities with preferably 5 yrs. of relevant experience in core SAP database management.
- Lead database management and migrations projects for Oracle, Sybase, HANA & MS SQL server databases.
- Experience leading dotted-line reportees and balancing conflicting priorities
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle of an SAP implementation which included delivery of a new SAP system
- Experience of hybrid operations (on-prem with cloud integrations)
- Experience of working in a global company including being part of a globally dispersed.
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience a plus.
- Ability to manage escalation at Director level
- Effectively able to communicate and influence technical discussions with senior management when necessary & demonstrate leadership skills.
Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience
SAP HANA DB administration Certificate
Preferred Level of Education
SAP Certified Technology Professional certification
Oracle Certified Database Administration
- Accountable for the SAP database management activities - plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.
- Responsible to ensure users get optimal troubleshooting/analysis and resolution to their technical problems in SAP BASIS Domain & analyse AAR & RCA for Major Incidents.
- Lead & supervise strategic partner activities around designs, configures, monitors, maintains and supports SAP environments.
- Responsible for SAP database migrations, installation and upgrades for complex and large landscapes in independent manner across range of SAP application and MS Azure environments.
- Responsible to own & perform SAP Basis operations activities in 24X5 environment (Weekends on-call) which includes troubleshoot/analyse and resolve day-to-day escalated technical operational issues & major operation incidents.
- Technically lead & manage availability, scalability, performance and capacity from development through to production.
- Performs peer review of changes for team members to identify potential issues before they become problems within the production environment and provide L3 support for SAP applications.
- Technical Lead of multiple teams which are geographically spread
- Strong offshore/strategic partnership skills
- Ability to manage/influence matrix organizations
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top