SAP Basis Analyst
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Nov 7 2019
- Minimum 10 years of total experience in SAP BASIS support activities and minimum 7 yrs. of relevant experience in SAP in hosting SAP landscape and infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of database (Oracle, HANA & MS SQL) and OS (UNIX, Linux & Windows) administration.
- Preferred technical configuration knowledge of Fiori, PO, SAP CPI, Solution Manager and data-hub solutions.
- Experience of working in a global company including being part of a globally dispersed, multi-time zone support team.
- Participate in system build, upgrades, patching, migration and application maintenance support.
- Good technical know-how to support SAP system bolt-on products e.g. Vertex, Redwood, Revtrac & CyberArc etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting and continuous improvement in system performance.
- Experience leading dotted-line reportees and balancing conflicting priorities
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience a plus.
- Ability to manage escalation at senior stakeholders
- Effectively able to communicate and influence technical discussions with senior management when necessary & demonstrate strong managerial skills.
Minimum Level of Education Required
- Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience
- SAP Certified Technology Professional certification
- Cloud Solution Architect Professional Certification
- As the subject matter expert, accountable for running capacity management on cloud and on-premise hosting environments.
- Responsible to support customer/partner deployments with SAP deployment guidance, supporting development on cloud adoption model, and providing recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Responsible for optimizing end-to-end system performance for operating systems (Windows and LINUX), Database (Oracle and SAP HANA) and SAP application.
- The ability to plan and implement the appropriate IT capacity to match business needs and to demonstrate cost-effective interaction with other processes during the application life cycle
- Responsible for SAP Basis tasks but not limiting to designing and implementing landscape and infrastructure, client strategy, availability & capacity planning, backup and recovery strategy, storage systems, SAP upgrades, OS/DB migration, System refresh/client copies and Basis administration.
- Responsible to own & perform SAP Basis operations activities in 24X5 environment (Weekends on-call) which includes troubleshoot/analyse and resolve day-to-day escalated technical operational issues & major operation incidents.
- Produce and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) around the testing performed.
- Lead SAP and non-SAP technical integration and monitoring solutions for SAP applications and platforms over cloud infrastructure & hybrid infrastructure.
- Prepare reports and operational dashboards showing service metrics (lagging and leading) to demonstrate service performance.
- Technically lead of multiple teams, geographically spread
- Lead and supervise strategic partners and CW's executing SAP administration activities
- Strong offshore/strategic partnership skills
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top