Sales Specialist, Pharma- San Antonio North
- San Antonio, TX
Site Name: USA - Texas - San Antonio North
Posted Date: Jan 24 2020
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Perform all required duties in assigned territory in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Selling Ways, promoting aligned GSK products within the Respiratory selling team.
- Provide Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen, and Customer Engagement expertise to specialist and primary care customers in support of the GSK Ellipta portfolio.
- Maintain knowledge and data, which are constantly changing, with respect to Respiratory (COPD-Asthma) therapeutic expertise .
- Meet or exceed established expectations for account / call activity and time in territory.
- Proactively decide on activities, educational programs as well as HQ-approved resources needed to effectively pull through the identified sales opportunities with targeted customers and other key stakeholders in territory/accounts.
- Analyze sales information and recommend actions to maximize opportunities aligned to brand strategy.
- Create customer value, demand and advocacy for GSK brands.
- Build and maintain relationships with decision makers in account to execute business unit/brand strategy. (i.e., Physicians, nurses, PAs, business/office managers).
- Utilize internal GSK stakeholders/matrix partners to educate customers and build relationships.
- Identify and recommend solutions or refer to matrix partners (as appropriate) for product-related issues that arise in the accounts (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
- Successfully Complete all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 4 Year BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
- Valid Driver's License
- The selected candidate will be hired in at the appropriate level dependent upon their experience.
- Sales Specialist: 5 or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Senior Sales Specialist: 9 or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of institutional, IDN, or large account pharma, biotech or device sales experience
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and collaborate with colleagues across the enterprises to execute against plans and deliver value to customers.
- Demonstrated high-level selling skills, including account based selling, strategic thinking, drive results, and the ability to ask for the business.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated delivery networks or complex large accounts with a proven track record of successfully navigating these type of accounts
- Comprehensive understanding of national, regional and local managed markets or payer impact within large accounts
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the selling process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal influencing and leadership skills
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of the local healthcare marketplace and key trends.
- Demonstrated competency in science, business acumen, and customer engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge GSK promotional strategies and objectives in a way that meets customer needs
- Demonstrate the ability to provide value to each targeted account through proper blending of science & service based upon each account's individual needs
- Ability to support and contribute to a values based organization focused on addressing the needs of customers and patients in a healthcare environment.
- Utilize customer focused selling techniques to develop and maintain customer insight and customer knowledge of GSK medicines
- Develop and deliver informative product presentations, based upon customer needs. .
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices and values in support of our customers, patients and fellow employees
- Prefer established relationship within key accounts in geography
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousnes
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top