Sales Finance Manager Walmart
- Rogers, AR
Site Name: USA - Arkansas - Bentonville
Posted Date: Feb 26 2020
A career in Global Finance at GSK offers great breadth and depth of opportunity and challenge. Finance provides the partnership, strategic guidance and support services that our business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patient and consumers who need them.
Whether supporting the commercial businesses, one of the Global Support Functions or being part of the Corporate Finance team, effective Finance Partnering at GSK sits at the heart of all strategic and operational decisions - providing insight, shaping options and driving results.
This provides a unique vantage point from which to truly understand GSK, as well as to experience a variety of the different business units and environments.
- Act as the primary point of contact for financial and analytical expertise at the Account level
- Manage the operating budget for the Account Team
- Support regular cross-functional reviews of spend and ROI across the Account Team
- Work with the Walmart team to disseminate best practices, standard processes and procedures
- Work with Sales Teams at Walmart office
- Support the opportunity identification process and enable decision making on Account Teams' go-to-market approach
- Provide guidance and ensure alignment relative to distressed inventory and unsaleables
- Support a consistent Customer profitability model that links Customer P&L, Brand P&L and Company P&L views
- Manage Trade Spend reporting and forecasting
- Manage the 3/1 plan, overhead reporting, and in-plan trade promotion evaluation for the Account Teams
- Sales Finance Managers may rotate coverage from one Account to another over extended periods of time, but will have a "single customer focus" on a day-to-day basis, acting as a key point of contact for a specific account team.
- Support CERPS including TSM implementation and act as expert in areas of trade spending financial issues as it relates to leading and guiding sales teams.
- Support Walmart sales account team - over $1B in Sales and $100M is trade spend
- Support senior level sales and finance management teams to influence decisions to drive business results.
- Must have strong financial acumen and understanding of customer profitability concepts, trade promotions, overhead expenditures and related monthly financial closing and accrual processes
- Sales Finance Managers will manage stakeholders across multiple areas of the business and collaborate with Sales Team Leaders and key stakeholders to ensure solid business decisions that align with financial goals by Customer, by Brand.
- Collaborate regularly with the Reporting and Analytics function, which will support Finance's ability to consistently capture and manage financial data across Brand / Account teams.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- 5-7 years' experience in Finance or accounting-related function.
- Project management experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience making critical decisions in an autonomous environment.
- Track record of superior financial judgment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member with strong communications/interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to create commercial analyses and translate findings into recommendations.
- Understanding of Corporate Governance and GSK Financial Policies & Procedures.
- Understanding of Sales principles, trade promotions management, and related techniques and metrics.
- 3-5 years' experience in an OTC/Packaged Goods business environment
- MBA or CPA, or commensurate experience
- Understanding of GSK systems and processes as they affect financial results and forecasts (Power BI; SAP TSM)
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top