- Tanjung Tokong, Malaysia
Site Name: Malaysia - Penang
Posted Date: Apr 16 2020
Are you looking for an entry level sales role whilst making a difference in people lives? We have an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Executive to join our innovative and patient focused sales team to support our successfulPharmaceutical business. The role is a field-based role in Penang servicing our customers across Malaysia. This role requires 40% domestic travel within Malaysia.
GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE?
As the Key Account Executive / Associate Key Account Executive, you will be responsible for planning and driving performance within an assigned territory (and therapy).You will represent GSK in identifying the right patients for the right products through engagement with the customers in accordance to GSK's value and ways of working. You will develop, implement the execution of the territory business plan, which shall be aligned to the defined marketing and business strategies and direction.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
a) Drive performance
- Explore opportunities by channel to expand reach and access of GSK prduct to the right patients
- Drive growth of GSK products in all relevant accounts which in line with national sales growth
- Ensure enlistment of products in key hospitals formulary (where applicable)
- Maximize share of voice of GSK brands in the marketplace
b) HCP engagement
- Advanced interpersonal skills to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with external HCPs at all levels, managing their needs & inquiries and responding with the appropriate action.
- Embed GSO (Good Sell Outcome) in HCP engagement
- Build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Key External Expert in the territory).
c) Territory Management
- To prepare and implement account development and territory business plan
- Continuously identify and profile key target customers and prioritize accordingly (Segmentation & Targeting)
- Provide insights and market intelligence from the territory, opportunities and direction to key internal stakeholders to support the development of a robust and effective business/tactical plan.
- Timely update & maintain sales force effectiveness & performance objectives tracking system to maximize effectiveness in the field
- Improve selling skill by undertaking the required learning & training identified as part of the ongoing development
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the health provision environment
- Consistently and skilfully apply comprehensive knowledge (scientific, medical and technical) that provides value to customers and builds trust
- Consistently develop patient focused scientific selling approach, multi-channel selling skills that address appropriate customer and patient needs and enhance the customer journey
We are looking for people who appreciate the importance of #patientfocus and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so by joining GSK you will be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- You are a diploma / degree holder
- Proven track record in sales/key account management, in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Consistently, demonstrate understanding of and compliance with laws, codes of conduct, policies and frameworks in which GSK operates and live our vision, values and expectations.
- Experience in hospital selling (public sector) will be added advantage
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work independently
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top