Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Oct 5 2021
GSK's RWA team partners closely with Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) team to support drug development and patient access. We are an in-house data and analytics team set up to provide insight into the patterns, burden, and occurrence of disease, cost and healthcare utilisation, and the safety and effectiveness and other outcomes of treatment. RWA provides analytic support for all phases of research in priority markets, with full analytic support for rapid analytics and in-sourced studies (data licensed by GSK) and consulting support for out-sourced studies. Our goal is to provide objective evidence of the value of our medicines through the analysis of electronic health records, administrative claims, patient registries and other observational health data sources, as well as post-hoc analysis of randomized clinical trial (RCT) data.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead team of real-world data programmers
- Act as coach and mentor by providing input into professional development plans and monitoring progress towards professional development goals
- Coach less-experienced team members on real-world programming and statistical methods applied to epidemiology and health outcomes studies
- Interface with US/UK RWA leads and colleagues to plan work needed for optimal execution of team deliverables
- Transform real-world data (RWD) into actionable insights in epidemiology and health outcomes research through hands-on manipulation and statistical analysis of complex health datasets
- Perform analyses of RCT data to support economic dossiers and market access (i.e., Indirect treatment comparisons, meta-analysis, network meta-analyses, post hoc analysis of RCT data etc.)
- Plan and manage portfolio of work to deliver all data analysis outputs (incl. QC) to agreed timelines and quality (e.g., analysis datasets, tables, figures and listings for health authority submissions, study reports, and publications)
- Either alone or in partnership RWA and other scientists, develop/contribute to protocol/statistical analysis plan/study report of real-world database studies
- Develop and test programs to analyse data for rapid data queries and simple descriptive studies based on protocol/statistical analysis plan
- Develop and test programs to extract study population, exposure, outcomes and covariates of interest to create analytic files across DMA analytic types (rapid data queries, simple/complex descriptive studies, analytic studies), inclusive of data management activities, i.e., merging and linking of data sets, data cleaning
- Identify variables and records to extract from the available large observational/real-world healthcare databases (e.g. electronic medical records, health insurance claims)
- Ensure documentation is appropriate, with regards to data extraction, cleaning, statistical analysis, reporting of the study/analysis and archiving, according to SOPs and guidance
- Effectively present results from rapid data queries/simple descriptive studies to collaborators
- Contribute to final report, summarizing analytic findings
- Prior team leadership experience, has led organizations of size 5 or greater.
- 5 years of experience working with real-world data for use in pharmacoepidemiology research with good practical knowledge in biostatistics applied to clinical/epidemiological research.
- Experienced programming skills: SAS Base, SAS Macros, SQL, SAS procedures: FREQ, PHREG, etc. other statistical analyses programming language (e.g. R, Stata, Splus) is an asset
- Passionate about working hands-on with data, and proficient in manipulating large, complex datasets and preparing supporting documentation for quality control (QC)
- Self-reliant with the ability to deliver robust, timely, high-quality analytics
- Enthusiastic collaborator and enjoy working on a wide range of projects and requests across multiple therapy areas
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and enjoy finding efficient and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Fluent in written and spoken English to effectively communicate and able to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.