Research and Development (Consumer Healthcare) - Future Leaders Program, US - 2021
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood, USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Sep 9 2020
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Program - Research and Development (Consumer Healthcare)
Education required: BS or MS degree in a scientific discipline (i.e.: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biomedical Science/Biomedicine, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Genetics, Immunology, Life Sciences, Medicine, Medical Devices, Medicine Chemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Optogenetics, Optometry, Pharmacogenomics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Physiology, Psychology, Veterinary Science, Packing Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering). Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
Other requirements: Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically
Start date: September 2021
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the U.S.
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for Future Leaders in Research and Development (Consumer Healthcare)
Are you an analytical graduate who wants a career with real purpose?
On our tailored development program within R&D (Consumer Healthcare), you'll make consumers' lives easier through our targeted scientific efforts all over the globe. Working through four rotations (each nine months long), you'll gain the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to the business.
You'll benefit from a rich variety of structured development opportunities, individual mentoring, exposure to senior leaders and insights into different aspects of our business. From day one, the program's rotational structure will help you deliver the standards of excellence that we'd expect from our leaders.
Develop your career
Over three years, our Future Leaders graduate program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. Through four stretching rotations, you'll take on exciting roles across areas like innovation, technical excellence, regulatory, category management or new product development (NPD), as well as a rotation outside of R&D. This unique program will give you a broad understanding of our R&D function within the consumer healthcare business, as well as access to senior leaders and mentors, who'll help you on your way.
In a Development Sciences rotation, you'd be exposed to our over-the-counter (OTC) and non-OTC operations with a focus on product innovation. You could expect to work on exciting initiatives focused on introducing new products or upgrading existing ones to benefit our consumers. You'd split your time between the lab and working with the project and commercial teams.
In a functional R&D rotation, you could expect to work in areas such as medical, regulatory, project management or R&D operations. You'd learn about our processes and workflows, how we make decisions within R&D, and how we maintain the high-performance standards that we set for ourselves. You might get to lead an end-to-end regulatory approval process or learn about the life-cycle of our products in the packaging department. Wherever you're based, you'll need strong analytical skills, the ability to work across functions and a good grasp of the science behind our innovations.
In your rotation outside of R&D, you could work in areas such as quality, supply chain and commercial. This will help you understand how our business operates and how we get our top-quality products from our laboratories, to our manufacturing operations and delivered to our consumers.
Throughout the program, you'll be part of a diverse, global network of graduates who are sharing similar experiences in different parts of the world. These peer relationships are a fantastic opportunity to get exposure and inspiration beyond your home market and learn different approaches to your job.
What will you do?
- You will learn how our products get developed - from idea to shelf
- You will undertake leadership training that will equip you to become a leader of the future and inspire action through influencing and negotiating
- You will gain in-depth and cross-sectional insights into the GSK Consumer Healthcare Research & Development function
- You'll manage projects, prioritize tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization across the business
- You will learn about the regulatory environment & how we work within it to make sure our products reach our consumers
- You will gain insights into the importance of making sure our products are always top quality
- You will learn about process improvement and how we make sure we are keeping pace with the ever-developing technologies
- You will learn about procedures in laboratory settings
Tailored training - and great career progression
We'll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success. After you complete our Future Leaders program, you'll have the skills to become a leader of the future and progress your career based on your ambitions. There's no limit to how far you can go with us - it's up to you to prove yourself.
You'll be excited by the thought of:
- Stretching your technical capabilities alongside the best scientists in the industry
- Testing and developing your leadership skills in a fast-moving growth driven culture
- Working on category defining brands and products which make a real difference
- Making an impact from Day 1 in a company which truly values science
- An 'enterprise and digital' approach to innovation and a winning mindset driving the progress of the R&D function
- An analytical mind plus a passion for meeting consumer needs through science
- Strong interpersonal skills - the ability to bring together our science, people and consumers
- The courage and ambition to take on current challenges in our business and take responsibility for end-to-end projects
- Self-awareness and curiosity - a desire to learn
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach
- To quickly become comfortable in a complex environment
- To learn to make decisions in a matrixed organization
Our Future Leaders program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don't have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you've already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
- Competitive relocation policy for those who are eligible
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
Watch a video to get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you'll find tips on our website https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic - you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here .
You'll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here .
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top