Regulatory Intelligence & Policy Manager
- Guildford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Surrey - Weybridge
Posted Date: Mar 24 2020
This role will be responsible for supporting programmes in CH global regulatory intelligence and policy team to:
- Manage the practices and platforms (team sites, databases, etc) that help co-ordinate and align category and local / regional / global teams' regulatory intelligence and policy activities.
- Manage AI Reg Intel tool to gather, federate and communicate regulatory intelligence (in collaboration with markets/regions) used to help identify emerging regulatory intelligence opportunities / threats.
- Drive process and system innovation within regulatory intelligence at GSK Consumer Healthcare.
- Support prioritised and aligned external regulatory intelligence and advocacy activities across categories and at market / area / regional level, to enable a positive self-care environment and minimise regulatory burden, aligned to GSK CH strategy / pipeline and values.
- To help build and continuously improve regulatory intelligence systems and practices by refining, testing, and implementing systems and processes.
- Track and monitor external regulatory intelligence aligned to GSK category and market / region priorities.
- Manage and share best practice incl. KPIs, tracking effective execution of key advocacy priorities.
- Support provision of executive summaries and status updates to Senior Management and key internal /external stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends concerning effective management of regulatory intelligence and recommend improvements when appropriate
- Displays logical thinking; makes creative regulatory system decisions understanding technology and regulatory insights.
- Excellent problem solver with an ability to think innovatively to overcome key challenges.
- Ensures GSK values and practices are adhered to in all activities, building quality assurance and compliance into all key processes.
- Supports training and development for central and local staff in effective intelligence management and advocacy practices.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Tertiary Education in Science / IT
- A working knowledge of how the consumer healthcare industry functions.
- An understanding of the role a regulatory affairs plays in supporting innovation and life-cycle management (compliance) in this highly regulated industry sector.
- Experience in fields such information management, knowledge management, regulatory intelligence, competitive intelligence, scientific research or librarianship.
- A working knowledge of content integration methods such as direct publisher API services, FTP services, RSS, web harvesting and file or batch based input services which include XML, e-mail, with structured and unstructured data
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- The use of computer algorithms / logic functions / etc. (e.g. Boolean, data mining, web crawling) to search and interrogate data would be beneficial.
- Experience across a range of consumer healthcare product types (medicines, devices, foods, cosmetics, household goods, or other industries).
- Role requires an excellent level of interpersonal communication skills, to interface with a broad range of stakeholders, and a good working knowledge of the organisation and communication of information/ data from team sites and databases.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top