Regional Sales Director, Benlysta- Northern California
- Redding, CA
Site Name: USA - California - Oakland, USA - California - Redding, USA - California - San Jose, USA - California - San Francisco
Posted Date: Jun 5 2020
Are you an experienced Sales Leader in the Pharmaceutical industry looking to be part of an innovative and dynamic organization? If yes, the US Pharma Specialty group is looking for a Regional Sales Director. We encourage you to apply!
In the role of Regional Sales Director, you will lead your biotech experienced team to meet and consistently exceed goals and objectives for the USP Specialty Business Unit focused on Benlysta sales to support Lupus (SLE) patients by:
- Performing all required duties in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Leading Ways competency framework
- Leading and managing assigned territories to ensure optimal coverage and promotion of products to all targeted customers and potential customers in alignment with GSK strategy
- Developing high quality & strategic business plans, implement area business strategies, and monitor performance/execution to meet regional, sector and national objectives
- Meeting and/ or exceed expectations for field contacts and time in the territory
- Providing high quality training, coaching, and development of new & tenured Biologic Specialty Account Specialists in all phases of their work
- Plan and conduct strategic sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives to deliver marketing strategy and consistently high results
- Recruit, hire, and retain qualified Account Specialists who complete any and all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes
- Attend local, regional, sector and national meetings, routinely collaborating with stakeholders and matrix partners to align and collaborate on common goals that yield results
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and leader expectations
Required Biologic Director Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 8 years pharmaceutical and at least 4 years of biotech specialty sales experience
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which will include overnight travel
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred Qualifications for Specialty Biologic Director:
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's of Business Administration and/or advance clinical/science degree or equivalent
- Combined minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Management, Marketing Management experience, or equivalent Industry Leadership experience
- Rheumatology and or Nephrology leadership experience
- Specialty market experience / Expertise in account-based and buy and bill sales
- Solid track record of success working in a heavily matrix environment ensuring success when interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong business analytics and strategic planning skills to identify unique and appropriate territory opportunities
- Excellent track record in developing consistently successful account managers that can compete & win in highly completive environments
- Ability to provide clear direction for teams with strong oral and written communication, coaching, and presentation skills that build an accountable culture and consistent results
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top