Regional Medical Affairs Lead - Womens Cancer - Oncology
- Puteaux, France
Site Name: France - Rueil Malmaison, GSK Tres Cantos, Madrid, Italy - Verona, Munich - Office, Switzerland - Zug, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Oct 14 2020
Be part of GSK's re-emergence in Oncology.
We are looking for an Oncology medical affairs leader to join the Emerging Markets team as the Regional Medical Affairs Lead for womens cancer. In this role you will be aligned to our product Zejula - focusing in Ovarian Cancer and Dostarlimab in Endometrial Cancer. You will be accountable for ensuring the regional medical organization for Ovarian and Endometrial Cancers has the right capacity and capabilities and for performance of the medical operational plans and evidence generation for countries in the region. Your responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Accountable for Oncology related Medical Affairs Activities across the region for Ovarian and endometrial cancer
- Ensures the medical voice of the customer and market is deeply understood, synthesised into medical insights and clearly translated into appropriate actions to enable appropriate use of our medicines for patients in the region.
- Leads the development and execution of globally and commercially aligned medical plans for Zejula and Dostarlimab. (S)he is accountable for medical plan development and strategic deployment of all medical resources to achieve joint objectives.
- Training responsibility for Local Medical Managers and MSL's. Supporting recruitment and development.
- Oversee Phase IIIb/IV clinical development plans in the region by providing a consolidated regional perspective into long-term global clinical and value evidence strategies. Advocate for medical resources/data needed to support successful commercialization of products.
- Lead the scientific and external engagement strategy for Ovarian and endometrial cancer within the region.
- Enable a performance driven culture with clear metrics and business improvement embedded into the organization and be accountable for metrics to measure and communicate Therapeutic Medical Affairs activities to demonstrate the value and achievements.
- Be recognized as a trusted partner with commercial providing medical guidance and input and aligning and supporting promotional engagement strategy.
- Ensures Ovarian and endometrial cancer Medical uptake into multi-channel media.
- Accountable for Medical input and scrutiny into Launch excellence processes, Launch improvement workshops and LOC deep dives.
The role can be based in any location across Europe.
The job holder needs to be tenacious and have a strong performance mindset - striving for results through an understanding of drivers of the business and has an ability to focus on the things that make a difference and get things done. To achieve this the job holder needs to have:
- Medical Oncologist (MD)
- Extensive experience in Oncology within the Pharmaceutical industry, preferably with regional exposure.
- Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas.
- Experience in evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine
- Launch experience of oncology products
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk Managing individual and team performance. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally. Developing people and building a talent pipeline. Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation. Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally. Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top