Regional Category Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Site Name: Japan - Tokyo - Akasaka
Posted Date: Jan 6 2020
This is a senior manager/director role.
Japanese and English CVare mandatory.
To lead the Strategic Sourcing of the respective spend category(s) in the given region. To tailor the global strategy for the region and lead deployment in the region.
To develop and grow capabilities of the category suppliers, both technical and strategic. In addition to the Strategic Sourcing, it will also be responsible for setting the landscape for the category negotiations, identifying opportunities to leverage and drive benefits. The role will support stakeholder needs specific to the region. The role will support more complex strategy creation, execution and management at regional level, where required, under the supervision and direction of global and regional category leaders and managers. Must interpret each category as whole (including suppliers, risks, etc), but must important, combine altogether and define the strategy for a period of at least 2-3 years.
Key responsibility is as follows:
Strategy creation & execution
• Create comprehensive sourcing strategy for the region for spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly regional and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Regional and Global Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with regional and global strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how regional strategies affect their local market and the fit with global strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Be the regional expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Deliver approved source plans for 100% of all preferred suppliers and categories of expenditure.
• Deliver regional benefits identified in global and regional strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Deliver local and in country benefits ensuring local and in country Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
• Create and deliver effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global and regional budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global and regional supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional specific contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global and regional supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead regional supply base and strategy reviews.
• Set direction & inspire
• Work across boundaries
• Release energy
• Develop capability & talent
• Drive performance
• Live our values
・Strategy Creation and Execution
・Procurement, Category Management
・Japanese (native level)
・English (business level)
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top