R&D Operation Lead
- Mudu, China
Site Name: Suzhou Plant Tech Industry Park
Posted Date: Feb 5 2021
Part 1: Lab operation 40%
The Operation Lead will be responsible for the overall day to day operations of the laboratories and warehouse areas on the Suzhou site. They are required to coordinate, and work closely, with functional team leads to maximize the operational efficiency of the laboratories while maintaining high levels of safety and quality. They will provide effective leadership to drive operational excellence and foster a collaborative culture in the laboratories.
The role includes strategic planning, tactical interventions and day-to-day support for operations:
- Leads interactions with a wide and diverse group of stakeholders, from operational and functional leads to operators and technical staff, complementary staff and contractors;
- Combines strategic planning, championing of change, and provision of technical support to drive strategic initiatives while at same time managing day-to-day issues.
The Operation Lead will also be responsible for directing and supporting EHS programs at the Suzhou site to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and GSK Standards, and ensure that EHS-related risks and impacts are effectively managed. Act as a champion for EHS across the site (R&D/Commercial) and work with managers, supervisors and other staff to help them improve EHS management and performance in their areas of responsibility. The role includes strategic planning, tactical interventions and day-to-day support for operations.
1) Covers all site activities, including office, laboratory operation, pilot plant operations and GSK managed warehouse storage areas.
- EHS problems often require multiple corrective actions, involving both engineering and administrative (human factors) solutions, and have implications beyond EHS.
- All sections of site population, from Site Leadership Team, through operational and functional middle management to operators and technical staff, complementary staff and contractors;
- EHS regulators and insurers (HSE, Local Authority; Local Fire Services; GSK Insurers);
- EHS consultants, service providers and local emergency services;
- Above-site functions, including EHSS Services and Community of Practice groups for high severity risks.
4) Leads others and influences decision making without line management authority.
5) Benchmarks and networks with EHS professionals inside and outside GSK.
Part 3: Other Tasks 20%
The Operation Lead will also need to take charge in R&D GMP management including GMP audit, SOP management, etc.
1. Minimum Level of Education: BSC
2. Minimum Level of Job- Related Experience required:
- Ability to build win-win partnerships at all levels, influence behaviors and gain support for initiatives and plans
- Competent in areas of facility administration and laboratory systems
- 15+ Years experience (BS) and 10+ (MS) in Product Development (Consumer or OTC industry preferred) with end to end development experience, facilities management and EHS program development and implementation.
- EHS fundamentals (eg management systems, risk assessment and various hierarchies of control) plus requirements of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Successful record of risk reduction projects, preferably in science environment.
- Detailed knowledge of machinery safety, chemical agents, ergonomics, fire safety, health and wellbeing and process safety, workplace transport, waste and effluent management
- Experience with R&D processes, activities and requirements.
- Experience managing programme delivery and coordinating and liaising with others to ensure high performance
- Experience in motivating and delivering through others and balancing conflicting time requirements
- Experience in training, facilitation, design and delivery
- Ability to apply GSK Leadership Expectations and Values within role
- Experience with deploying tech systems to support team performance.
- Experience of applying creative skills to devise fresh and innovative approaches to programme delivery
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Highly developed problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills and experience of designing and implementing multifaceted communication plans
- Positive proactive attitude, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong experience of applying business acumen skills
5. ISO Lead Auditor qualification preferred
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件, 我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址, 并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK, 请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top