R&D Ethics & Compliance Director
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Aug 6 2020
We are searching for a Regional R&D Ethics and Compliance Director and are seeking outstanding talent who can make a positive difference to the team, R&D, the broader GSK and who can motivate and inspire others to do the same.
GSK is changing and our agenda is exciting and transformational and as part of Global Ethics & Compliance and a key partner to the R&D business, we are driving a strategy aligned to Innovation, Performance and Trust. There is no better time to come and join the team! Together we can serve our GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
You will be a key partner to the R&D business in China, Japan & India and will lead the implementation & support of a values-based, effective and pragmatic compliance culture through guidance, policies, training, investigation and advice in order to prevent, detect and correct violations of company policies. Through your work you will enable R&D to deliver new medicines through its new approach (underpinned by Science, Technology & Culture) whilst appropriately managing key risks & ensuring adherence to our core GSK Values.
This role will be based in Shanghai
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- You will partner with both the R&D business, the R&D Ethics & Compliance team and in-country/in-region Global Ethics & Compliance staff to ensure that an effective Compliance program is established / maintained / evolved and pragmatic internal controls are in place and support business compliant solutions for all R&D activities conducted in China, Japan & India
- You will promote a values-based compliance culture through communication and training.
- You will support early and proactive identification of risks in all aspects of the designated area's strategy and activities.
- You will advise senior R&D leaders on risks associated with emerging business strategies and pragmatic options for risk mitigation.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before 21st August 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- You will have a Bachelors Degree in a Science related field or Business Administration, Law or Finance.
- You will have related work experience preferably within risk management or supporting a business in compliance matters. Having experience in Compliance program management and risk management practices while demonstrating knowledge of legal requirements and business operations is highly desirable.
- You will have experience within Pharma R&D and a solid understanding of the GSK Internal Control Framework (ICF)
- You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- You will have the ability to work effectively and sensitively in a highly matrixed organization across geographies and cultures.
- You will have the ability to deal with high levels of complexity and ambiguity developing pragmatic, fit for purpose solutions
- The job holder will have access to confidential and sensitive information and will be able to exercise good judgement on how to treat this information
- Excellent knowledge of the regulated environment and risks of Pharmaceutical industry.
- Track record in providing high degree of reliance, accountability, and value-added consultation/support to the R&D business
- Ability to provide strategic advice as well as pragmatic operational solutions.
- Experience in project management of complex, cross functional initiatives.
- Ability to innovate and implement fit for purpose Compliance and Risk Management programs and systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in accordance with company values.
- Broad understanding of the compliance risks facing R&D, including practical approaches to influencing the business to implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Working knowledge of risk management principles and ability to translate theory into practice.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top