R2R Senior Reporting Specialist (GSK Finance Hub)
GSK Finance Hub in Poznan is a new Finance team and one of 3 regional GSK Finance Hubs which will be at the heart of the new the GSK Finance Operating Model. In addition to driving the performance of our partner delivering all accounting transactional activities offshore, the Hub will be the home for Close and Control activities for most European markets as well as deliver more complex accounting activities such as Production Accounting. Planning & Forecasting activities will be co-located in the Hub too to drive further synergies. The Close & Control teams in the three regional Finance Hubs will collaborate, share best practice and knowledge and report to one Global leader based in London.
We are currently recruiting about 80 highly-skilled professionals to join the Financial Reporting team to set up the foundation for the European Finance Hub. By 2020 we will employ approximately 300 high performing finance talents. We report to our headquarters based in London.
We are looking for Senior Reporting Specialists who are excited to be part of the Future of Finance at GSK and who wish to actively participate in setting up the Financial Reporting team in the Hub.
How you will contribute to our success:
• As a Senior Reporting Specialist you will be responsible for the complete, accurate & timely delivery of the IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) and own the Balance Sheet for a set of given markets.
• Covering a geographical cluster of a Key European Market you will be part of a European team dedicated to one of our Business Segment, ie/ Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Goods or Manufacturing.
• You will lead one of more Reporting Specialist who will have responsibility for smaller markets or helping across.
• You will work in partnership with European Finance Directors as your key area of focus; To inform financial decisions you will provide financial results and balance sheet overviews and perform relevant complex analyses; You will drive issue resolution for any area of the close, working hand in hand with process experts also appointed as part of the Hub set up
• You will work collaboratively with the BPO partner on a daily basis and build the relationship & appropriate governance to drive efficient R2R processes; This includes designing and monitoring KPIs and SLAs and proposing further service improvements;
• You will play a key role in ensuring GSK operates within a safe control environment, monitoring that controls for your area are compliant with internal procedures and SOX requirement and you respond to internal and external audit queries;
In addition, as part of the Hub Set up, you will be required to travel to our London Headquarter to participate into the knowledge transfer phase, i.e. to learn from our existing teams the activities that will be redeployed to the Finance Hub in Poznan.
What skills and expertise you will bring to the role:
• Accounting degree / qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in financial accounting and reporting roles
• Experience in Control/SOX environment
• Knowledge of MS Excel
• Fluent English (minimum C1)
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Ability to effectively manage interaction with Senior Finance Leaders
• Client-oriented attitude
• Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
• Willingness and availability to take part in migration process
• Experience in Audit/Accounting Firm will be preferred
• SAP experience will be a strong asset
• A second European language is a bonus
How you will be rewarded:
• You will be part of a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
• You will have a career with purpose at one of the leading global healthcare companies-, you'll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
• You will have possibilities for your development both on the job in the role as well as in the corporate learning schemes
• You will have access to newest technologies and solutions
• You will be rewarded with competitive salary and bonus plan
• You will enjoy healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
• You will have flexible working hours
• You can use our free car and bike parking
• You will work in a multi-cultural, English language environment
• You will work in a supportive and friendly working environment, with like-minded people
• You will share and shape our corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top