R2R Finance Accountant Supervisor - Temporary
Site Name: Costa Rica - Cartago - Tres Rios
Posted Date: Nov 11 2019
Your Responsibilities : We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our Pfizer JV project team in Costa Rica to:
Deliver a complete, accurate and timely set of entity IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) for a market or cluster of smaller markets, ensuring that monthly and close activities are carried out in a robust and efficient manner by our partner BPO (performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities), Control related Balance Sheet, Ensure compliance with ICFW (Internal Control Framework) and SOX requirements.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these are:
• Outward facing to customers, you are responsible for the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) and you own the Balance Sheet for a set of given markets.
• Be accountable for day to day BPO delivery of operations, designing, embedding and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) [Lead & Lag] and Service Level agreements (SLAs), ensuring customer issues are identified and promptly resolved and proactively identifying any issues or risks to the service.
• Review the Balance Sheet Reconciliations prepared by the BPO, drive quality (through BPO retraining if necessary) and resolution of open items, assess BS healthiness and surface risks to be addressed.
• Support period end financial closing activities and ensure efficient & effective close is performed, including preparation of complex accruals where required
• Drive the closure of open issues and escalations ensuring preventative measures are in place to prevent re-occurrence
• Review the documentation for all month-end control process, ensuring full compliance with SOX requirements. You drive control remediation where required.
• Produce routine analyses, schedules and summaries for internal & external customers.
• Prepare audit deliverables as required
• Proactively identify and contribute towards service improvements recommendations
• Manage one or more accountant / analyst assigned to this role, in alignment with GSK Values & Expectations, driving individual performance and development conversations.
• Roles usually cover a geographical cluster or a Key market and are part of a team dedicated to a segment (Pharma/ViiV, Consumers, GMS, Corporate).
We are looking for professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
- 3-5 years of experiences in Accountant or Finance in Senior Position or as a Supervisor
- Experiences in Finance Shared Services environment
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel
- Fluency in English
- Self-motivated and displays initiative in improving process and resolving issues
- Good communicator
- Flexible and Can-do attitude
- Good organization skills, ability to manage workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams
- Good and engaging team player
- Structured and thorough approach to challenging situations
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus
- Experience in Financial Reporting or Audit Firm
- Experience of working in a Control / SOX environment
- Excel skills a must
- Previous experience of SAP preferred
- Experience of working in a Shared Service Environment and / or experience of managing of BPO for a sizeable company preferred
If you feel this is your next career move, please apply up to October 18th, 2019.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by ensuring your development meet changing business needs. You will also enjoy being part of a diverse team, getting inspired by our teamwork, our healthy and inclusive environment and specially by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Our inclusive workplace makes our employees feel engaged by the contribution they make, by affording them equal treatment regardless of actual or perceived characteristics. As so, when you apply for a job at GSK, it is not necessary to include on your resume information such as: race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, origin, photographs or any other personal characteristics.
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
Back to top