Quality Science (Pharmaceuticals) Graduate Program, US - 2021
- King of Prussia, PA
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville, USA - North Carolina - Zebulon, USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
Posted Date: Sep 15 2020
Exciting minds with our Quality Science Graduate Program
Education required: BS degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry (preferably with Biology modules), or a related field of study. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021.
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
Other requirements: Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically
Start date: September 2021 or before
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the U.S.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications.
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for Future Leaders in Pharmaceutical Quality
Pharmaceutical Quality overseas maintains and assures excellence across all our products. We're looking for ambitious, hardworking, driven and adaptable science graduates to join our Pharmaceutical Quality team.
Develop your career
Over three years, our Quality Science Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You'll have the chance to develop through three stretching rotations that will give you broad experience and an excellent career foundation. You'll have a generous personal training budget to support your development. And on top of this, you'll be part of a huge global network that supplies billions of packs of medicines and healthcare products every year
What will you do?
- In your first rotation, you will spend time in a quality testing laboratory at one of our Biopharm sites - developing a solid foundation in the skills of the trade. You may learn about raw material, finished product, sterility and environmental testing.
- You will gain an understanding about quality control at our sites - learning how the different elements of the pharmaceutical manufacturing process interact and how to make smart decisions to ensure the quality of our products.
- You will build your knowledge of our medicines and dosage forms as well as your industry regulatory knowledge.
- During other rotations you may work with our external supply team or with our local operating companies. You may be part of a cross functional team to introduce new products or testing methods.
- You might also have the opportunity to work in quality systems or quality analytics.
- Whatever you do, you will be developing a strong career foundation and growing your understanding of the vital role of Quality in GSK.
- A relevant degree and be keen to learn
- To be analytical and process driven with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
- Competitive relocation policy for those who are eligible
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch a video and find tips on our website https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
You'll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic - you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here .
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here .
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top