- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Sep 14 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to build relationships and lead multi-functional teams in the end-to-end delivery of GSK's scientific publications? Do you have strong communication and interpersonal skills? Do you like working in a dynamic environment? If so, this is the role for you.
As a Publication Manager, you will ensure the planning and development of GSK scientific publications meet rigorous standards. You will lead high-performing global publication teams for our Specialty & Primary Care assets (non-oncology), develop integrated strategic plans, and deliver high-quality publications within agreed timelines and to the specifications of GSK SOPs. You will also drive teams to meet agreed disclosure targets and requirements and ensure publication plans are executed well in advance.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Oversee the preparation of scientific manuscripts, abstracts, and presentations derived from clinical data.
- Provide input into journal and congress selection.
- Coach and guide publication accountable people and internal/external stakeholders, as needed.
- Ensure that all developed materials are appropriately reviewed and approved; maintain archives of approved materials, documentation of author participation, and other critical records.
- Responsible for compliance with company policy and external requirements (e.g., journal policies), including working with authors and scientific contributors to ensure that publications are accurate and balanced.
- Manage all financial and contractual aspects of assigned projects, including vendor relationships.
- Contribution to departmental special projects.
- Manage external agencies in production of deliverables.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders internally (product teams, affiliate locations) and externally (e.g., authors).
- This role requires flexibility and adaptability to change. Essential behaviors valued in this role include: continuous improvement and learning, effectiveness at building networks of partners and stakeholders, and ability to collaborate and reach consensus across boundaries.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in science, pharmacy, other allied health field, medical communications, or related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry with emphasis on publications management, scientific communications, and/or medical affairs with an external scientific engagement focus.
- Experience preparing and delivering strategic publication plans to timelines and budget.
- Experience with external guidance and best practices governing reporting of biomedical research (GPP3, ICMJE, CONSORT, etc.).
- Experience leading authors and medical writers in planning, developing, and submitting manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed medical journals and abstracts to medical congresses.
- Experience with core scientific publishing functions, including: effective journal selection, optimizing for first-time acceptance, navigating the journal submission and review processes, etc.
- Experience managing global publication teams to develop long-term plans.
- Experience with tailoring communications for internal teams and external partners.
- Experience with project and budget management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working independently.
- Experience with prioritizing and delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree, PharmD, or PhD in science, pharmacy, or other allied health field.
- Experience leading the development of publication plans for high-profile assets and programs.
- Experience managing critical issues at a study-team level (e.g.: unexpected clinical trial results, competitor issues, author conflicts, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to build business relationships and influence others; well-developed people management and coaching skills; able to work through complex issues to reach appropriate consensus.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of scientific engagement principles and operating practices; seeks guidance and escalates appropriately for "grey areas."
- Experience using Datavision publication management software.
- Demonstrated personal and scientific credibility to engage with global external experts recognized as leaders in their field of science and medicine.
- Track record of excellence in verbal and written communications
- Strong and continual focus on scientific integrity and ethics; comfortable escalating and challenging digressions from company policy or values (with manager support and supervision).
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top