- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - PuDong New District - Lane 999 Huanke Road - Building18
Posted Date: Sep 24 2020
Are you energized by an opportunity to better leverage your scientific and project leadership expertise? If so, this Scientific Project Leadership Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Scientific Project Leadership Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the core and senior scientific leadership team by developing, maintaining and executing programs and strategies across the business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- KEY QUALITIES
- Sufficient drug development knowledge to be a pivotal member of a project team who can provide operational leadership and strategic input
- Proven project management skills to meet the technical requirement outlined below
- Matrix management skills and ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team across geographic boundaries
- Demonstrated risk management and analytical skills
- Leadership skills which expedite project progression, including but not limited to skills in delegation, supervision and planning, fostering teamwork, conflict management and thinking strategically
- Ability to utilize experience and influence to facilitate successful project implementation, stakeholder management and effective issue resolution
- Effective presentation and influencing skills for a wide audience, including senior management
- Ability to communicate smoothly with global colleagues, usually UK or US, about local content and insight
- Agility to adapt to flexible working hours and uneven workload during the different project/portfolio development stages
- Candidates should highlight any oncology or immunology experience
OPPORTUNITIES PROVIDED BY THE ROLE
- Gain an understanding how different lines of expertise come together in drug development & the process of developing a medicine
- Exercise project management skills through different phases of development.
- As a result of their role, PMs have opportunities to build relationships both within and outside R&D, throughout GSK.
TECHNICAL ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in asset development strategy discussions and drive cross-functional alignment
- Management and alignment of project plans with project team strategy
- Leading overall operational execution of project according to agreed plan i.e., tracking and management of project progress, integration of line activities, and identification and focus on critical path activities
- Tracking of the project budget and development of options and scenarios related to budget constraints through close collaboration with functional lines and Finance
- Development of optimized project schedules, risk management plans, and project budgets for approval
- Accurately defining and defending to senior management the operational trade-offs between risk, schedule, budget, and probability of success
- Coordinating project status and issues to allow timely and informed decision making at the portfolio level
- Project Team secretariat, responsible for agendas, meeting minutes, decision logs, compliance with GSK governance requirements, and ensuring all relevant team information is accessible in global GSK databases
- Sharing best practice and lessons learned in a timely manner
- Leading the preparation for projects going through local and global governance
- Coordinating China input for global integrated evidence plan
- Supporting Therapeutic Area Lead (TAL) to engage early projects with global in a timely and effective way
- Facilitating the local integrated resource management
- Contribute to design, development, improvement or redesign of project management processes.
Qualifications in the PP&M group usually include two or more of the following:
BS/BA in a relevant science
Post-graduate degree (MSc, MBA, PhD).
Drug development experience and/or appropriate experience in Project Management for drug development.
PMP (Project Management Professional)
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top