Project Management Director
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Apr 28 2020
Are you looking to expand your expertise in project management and drive change in an environment that allows you to design novel approaches and solutions? If so, this General Project Management Director role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a General Project Management Project Director, you will be responsible for enabling the business to effectively drive change, and work with stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to align and deliver the strategic direction of the business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Role model GSK expectations and values with project teams.
- Deliver innovation projects of typically highest complexity to markets via fast project initiation, cross functional planning and well-coordinated execution, in line with SRA.
- May be responsible for high priority stewardship (maintenance) initiatives partnering closely with Supply and R&D team members.
- Strong partnership with the Project Accountable Lead (PAL) or may serve as the PAL, providing confidence and competence necessary to take on the most challenging objectives and drive accountability.
- Guide core teams to ensure timely decision making, effective stakeholder communication, adherence to applicable processes, contingency planning and execution.
- Accountable for assuring there is a clear project scope and strategy, aligned resource needs, comprehensive spend forecasts.
- Drives functional area's probability of success assessments in support of portfolio pipeline activities.
- Proactively identify issues and drive resolution, with limited guidance, and assure comprehensive risk assessment and mitigation plan is in place for all projects.
- Develop, align and track project budget, rapidly communicating variance.
- Develop & maintain comprehensive timelines in PPM system with cross-functional input, by integrating key functional deliverables and local market launch activities, taking into account dependencies and resource requirements.
- Assure accuracy of assigned projects' content in PPM system working closely with data owners from cross-functional project team.
- Align & deliver all key project milestones to support appropriate metrics.
- Ensure significant changes to the aligned business case are communicated rapidly and efficiently to appropriate leadership (via existing change control process)
- Partner closely with Portfolio team to enable comprehensive reporting and reviews with key stakeholders.
- Accountable for building project team (functions, people) upon project approval, partnering closely with cross-functional leadership.
- Drive resolution of team conflicts through skilled negotiation and diplomacy, elevating to accountable functional leaders as necessary.
- Drive gate readiness partnering closely with Project Accountable Lead and action any gate meeting outcomes with broader project team.
- Conduct lessons learned with project teams, document, and assure dissemination out to organization as best practice.
- Drive efforts to identify, evaluate and then embed best practices from categories and regions across the organization as part of overall business capability building.
- May help implement select tools and processes into the broader PPM team and/or GSK organization.
- Lead delivery of new ways of working and subsequent enhancements through learnings.
- Lead capability building in the team through coaching, mentoring & training.
- May lead select governance forums.
- Support portfolio reviews and select strategic initiatives.
- May supervise Project Managers or Senior Project Managers.
- Mentor fellow project managers on PM best practices and behaviors in line with GSK attributes.
- Foster an environment of enthusiasm, accountability and teamwork, and help reward and celebrate achievements.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated Project leadership and management skills
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, Supply Chain or R&D with matrixed management experience in a consumer healthcare environment or related area (e.g., CPG, pharmaceutical, etc.).
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree, preferably in sciences or Business Administration
- Highly motivated, agile & adept learning ability;
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Proven delivery of effective project management across a range of project types and complexities. Has held project management and/or leadership positions in organizations of comparable size.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable operating in situations characterized by complexity, ambiguity and high levels of uncertainty.
- Understanding of all the key business processes and functions within a transnational healthcare company.
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence with or without authority at levels above and below own grade level.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.email@example.com联系我们。
Back to top