Project Data Manager
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Oct 3 2019
Are you looking to expand your expertise in project management and drive change in an environment that allows you to design novel approaches and solutions? If so, this Project Data Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Project Data Management, you will be responsible for improving integrated drug development asset planning by rigorous project plan management within the planning systems across the R&D enterprise. You will provide planning support to the accountable PM. You will deliver high quality development schedules / plans based on analytical data, benchmarks and information from the Drug Development Team. This position must become a trusted partner to, interacts early and closely with the accountable Project Manager and the associated Functional Lines to build & maintain high quality drug development schedules / plans in the system.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Independently using judgement and drug development experience, this role delivers high quality complex drug development plans based on analytical benchmark data, specifically the role initializes and maintains an accurate integrated plan schedule, works with the drug development team and functional lines to create plans with the appropriate work packages (i.e., reflecting the work required)
- This position must understand the importance of accurate data, how to use it through highly adept technical skills, and how to interpret data to draw conclusions so that others can make decisions and problem solve.
- Responsible for developing the schedules for activities and deliverables for more complex R&D drug development Projects (all phases: from pre-CS through Phase IV) to an appropriate level of detail that enables the evolving business needs.
- As a planning system expert, leveraging their own experience and judgement, recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects to stakeholders.
- Improves the system data quality by assuring schedule compliance to established business rules, standards and ways of working along with the accountable Project Manager.
- In close collaboration with the Planisware Administrators; responsible for aiding in the design/build and then selection of the Work Packages within the planning system.
- Must build the associated schedules to drive Total Project Cost (TPC) forecast estimates; forecast cost (EPE) and resource (FTE/IPE) associated with integrated plans.
- Partner with key stakeholders including functional Project Managers, etc. to ensure plan schedule alignment to intended strategy.
- Will contribute to scenario planning through developing alternative planning schedules for development team and portfolio decision making.
- At request of accountable PM, develop scenarios & recommends alternatives to current plan.
- Build status reports across key project control performance areas: scope and schedule with Reporting Team.
- Gain alignment with the Project Manager to enter risks in the risk register or plan schedule and translate these into development schedule.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Basic Sciences, Clinical, Business operations, Finance, Computer Science.
- Pharmaceutical drug/vaccine development experience, Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate a plus, headcount resource and financial forecasting experience a plus, Planisware (scheduling software), Excel & Spotfire In-depth understanding of pharmaceutical business, drug development and project management
- Drug development, Project management & planning expertise, analytical, organized, detail oriented
- Demonstrated track record of working across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated expertise in range of role essential skills (e.g., data analysis, problem resolution, enterprise project management tools)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communications and negotiation skills for senior audiences
- Enterprise thinker with natural curiosity and the ability to explore new ideas and interrogate data
- Comfortable with ambiguity, the ability to generate hypotheses and develop solutions independently
- Ability to coach and mentor peers
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree with PMP (or similar) certification with degree in Basic Sciences, Clinical, Business operations, Finance, Computer Science, Analytics.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top