Project Automation Engineer
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: Aug 4 2020
As Automation specialist, you are sharing your time between project automation discipline engineer role and automation expert role.
You are responsible for deploying continuous improvement, technical knowledge & process ownership across your network management in GSK Vaccines Belgium
You act as the Automation Specialist (existing facility upgrades and new facilities) by delivering automation system for different technologies (process equipment, building equipment, utility equipment, environmental monitoring, alarms system, ...).
- You provide expertise and support to Belgium operations Manufactuging Production Units (MPU) through E-Ticket request, specific troubleshooting, TP13 assessment, deep analysis of issue.
- You ensure implementation and improvement of systems/processes and guarantees their efficiency across all MPU of Belgian site (Rixensart, Wavre & Gembloux) by proposing the best action plan/solution in term of Quality, Timing and Price.
You propose solution & discuss technical issue with automation team and production team.
- You have regular technical contact with Technical Services, Production Managers and global automation expert to ensure a close follow-up of the right Implementation of the solution.
- You support strategic projects by managing automation budgets, schedule and you ensure to deliver result according to production request.
- You manage & execute software code, modification & tests with user & maintenance & Quality Assurance.
You repair equipment after breakdown, analyze reasons for breakdown, and inform hierarchy.
- You define and validate technical content of each troubleshooting support with the different Manufacturing Production Unit.
- You play a key role in the cross-discipline effort by providing technical support to the deviation handling process, root causes identification and selection of CAPAs in order to avoid recurrence of deviation with technical root causes.
You make sure that cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) & GAMP procedures and recommendations from the authorities are respected.
You act as Expert in Internal and External Audit (L1, L2, L3, and L4) and are fronter during inspection
- You liaise regularly with QA to ensure all factory validation requirements are met
You ensure all software change control requirements are met.
- You are responsible for administrative activities in your scope of expertise (Records, reports work performed, weekly test progress & activity report, KPI progress, redaction of Standard Operating Procedures)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Engineer or graduate in Electronic, Electro-Mechanic, electricity, with specialization in Automation or graduate with experience in coding automation system
- 3 - 5 years' experience in the required domain
- Technical background in Engineering - Automation system and equipment
- Deep and specific technical knowledge of control, monitoring and data system
- Expertise in Commissioning and Validation of automation system
- Familiarity working in cGMP environment
- Expertise in DCS, PLC and SCADA technologies
- Fluent French, technical level of English is required.
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Resilient, flexible, and easily adapt to new/unexpected situations
- Good networking skill
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written, with ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment
- Work within a multi-discipline team but be autonomous as -well
- Logical and well-reasoned approach to problem solving.
- Able to understand and fix priority
- Highly effective at influencing internally and externally
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top