Project and Operations Planning
- York, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Marietta
Posted Date: Jun 22 2020
Are you looking for a logistics management role that allows you to accelerate product distribution and drive efficiency? If so, this Project and Operations Planning role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Project and Operations Planning, you will be responsible for managing successful life cycle of operational projects and programs in accordance with timelines and quality standards as well as operations planning at Marietta. The role collaborates with Supply Chain Management Team, production supervisors / managers, global functions like central planners, product flow and other functional team members.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Collaborate with demand manager, product flow team and operations value stream to convert demand plan to achievable production plan.
- Responsible for availability of required components, raw materials and semi finished materials to meet production plan.
- Drive site CCC process and drive MPS process to ensure a leveled attainable plan.
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient stock coverage to support a stable production plan.
- SME for SAP R/3 Production Planning and APO.
- Define and determine project scope (In-and out-of-scope), charter, areas of responsibilities, and identify stakeholders
- Develop detailed project schedules, including but not limited to activities such as; equipment delivery and installation, raw material provisioning, master data changes, LSOP/batch record revisions and approvals, Change Control, hand-over/training local operational team.
- Execute project according to plan and maintain critical path. Monitor and communicate progress, and ensure project outcomes meet project objectives. Proactively identify project risk areas or production impact, and recommend appropriate mitigation or contingencies.
- Author and Review LSOPs and work instructions per business need.
- Participate in investigations, CAPAs, and deviations as needed.
- publish KPIs as per business need.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with the GSK safety procedures and all applicable EHS regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practices.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/BA in Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or degree with equivalent job experience.
- 3 years experience working with production scheduling/planning or materials management in regulated GMP environment.
- experience working with and managing projects
- Prior experience in planning and provisioning in complex production environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Excel, Teams, PowerPoint)
- Prior user experience with SAP R/3 MM, PP-PI or APO.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and other regulatory requirements.
- Highly detailed oriented with ability to spot potential planning constraints.
- Experience scheduling and planning for aseptic manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and the ability to learn and apply new computer programs quickly. The ability to create, interpret and modify data in Excel is required.
- The ability to clearly write SOP documentation as necessitated by regulatory agencies or internal policy.
- Able to interact with peers, subordinate and senior personnel in multidisciplinary environment including production, warehouse staff, engineering, facility operations, validation, QC and QA.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff and the ability to analyze data and implement changes.
- Able to prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions and to effectively implementing decisions.
- Ability to facilitate and generate the exchange of ideas to resolve problems, prioritize solutions, select optimal solutions and implement decisions.
- Able to maintain attention to detail while executing multiple tasks.
- Able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Must operate cross-functionally and be able to lead in a matrix organization.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Stay current on developments in the field and GSK-Bio Standards.
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
"US work authorization is required for this role. Sponsorship is not available for this position"
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top