- Weston, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Aug 10 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your asset management expertise by improving efficiency while driving down facility & program costs? If so, this Program Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for formulating and pro-actively managing complex real estate asset management plans for GSK's operations on the U.S. East Coast and in Latin America.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Creation and maintenance of real estate asset plans
- Work closely with Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities (WREF) Regional Real Estate Asset Managers, the Real Estate Decision Support team, and a small team of Regional direct reports and outsourced providers to create asset plans
- Management of project delivery, contract governance and re-tendering of service providers when necessary
- Accountable for the implementation of office refurbishment and fit-out projects globally including the WREF and non-WREF portfolio
- Work closely with Regional Service Managers in Real Estate in overseeing projects
- Preparation of the budget, setting team structure, project governance and risk management
- Monitoring, reporting, and acting as initial point of escalation for project stakeholders
- Ensure the delivery of the projects by the Project Manager on time, to budget and to scope
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of standard Project Process for delivery of projects, identifying clear deliverables, output and reporting to client / stakeholders
- Drive implementation of GSK design guidelines and design principles into project design
- Ensure the dissemination of best practice and innovation throughout the world
- Oversee engagement with GSK businesses to promote the Project Management service offering
- Ensure that the Project Manager delivers the service in close collaboration with Regional Real Estate Service Managers and the Change Management team
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Real Estate, Engineering or Construction background
- 5 or more years of experience in real estate asset management
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree
- Bi-lingual with the ability to speak English and Spanish
- Experience interacting with diverse groups and cultures across various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of best industry practices
- Experience with Change Management
- Proven ability to manage service delivery from a self-managed service provider
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top