Production Plannner II
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jan 9 2020
The Planner is responsible for utilizing SAP to assure on time delivery of raw materials to the manufacturing groups so that the GMP Manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient can meet agreed upon schedule. The Planner interacts with SAP with respect to GMP materials planning and scheduling.
Accountable for execution of standard practice as appropriate relating to the following processes/activities at Rockville Biopharm and contract manufacturing sites
- Processes: Ensures compliance with relevant Standard Operating Procedures and cGMP practices and updates and prepares, reviews, and maintains department procedures, SOP's, WI's, and training documents. Receives and provides training on Production Planning processes as needed.
- Schedules: Influences and manages raw material flow to meet customer requirements for manufactured biopharmaceutical drug value streams by creating, releasing, modifying, and reviewing process orders, preparing and maintaining raw material delivery schedules, scrapping raw materials using appropriate policies, tracing and resolving inventory discrepancies, monitoring inventory levels that impact MRP, and troubleshooting MRP issues/discrepancies with guidance. The role holder represents the customer in the manufacturing processes.
- Is available during on-call shifts and manages off hours requests when problems arise.
- Trained as an Internal Auditor and leads department's internal inspections.
- Reviews accuracy of M-ERP information data and updates master data as needed.
- Participates in cross functional project teams, leads department problem solve teams.
- Other duties/initiatives as assigned.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
HS Diploma plus seven years experience working with Production Planning in an MRP system in pharmaceutical operations, or procurement OR
AA Degree plus five years experience working with Production Planning in an MRP system in pharmaceutical operations, or procurement OR
BS Degree with two years experience working with Production Planning in an MRP system in pharmaceutical operations, or procurement.
Minimum three years of experience in working in a manufacturing environment with planning, procurement or manufacturing experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- B.S. in Supply Chain/Biochemical/Biological or other appropriate technical discipline with two years MRP, pharmaceutical operations, or procurement.
- Previous experience with PP/PI or WM modules in SAP
- Previous experience using an MRP system
- Experience with pharmaceutical planning, manufacturing, or procurement
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.Solid team player able to function within team based organizations
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Experience communicating to all levels of the organization - to effectively communicate assignment status, manufacturing or material issues both orally and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize and decide appropriate courses of actions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Any of the following certifications:
- APICS - CFPIM - Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management
- APICS - CPIM - Certified in Production and Inventory Management
- APICS - CSCP - Certified Supply Chain Professional
- Effective at implementing decisions
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Visio software
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top