Product Specialist Oncology
- Néa Mákri, Greece
Site Name: Athens
Posted Date: Mar 16 2020
Product Specialist Oncology
Excellent opportunity to join our newly established team in the endeavors to build, yet again, GSK as a trusted partner within oncology area in the Greek market. GSK has a full pipeline that will enable advanced next level treatment for cancer patients. We are highly committed to develop and deliver the very best treatment to the benefit of these patients. This entails deep medical insights, experience and team work.
In order to fulfill this role, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- University degree (in Life Science or Medical would be an advantage).
- At least 3 years of current experience as Product Specialist / Medical Representative in Oncology products.
- Proven experience of working in a compliant manner and always acting in accordance with relevant regulations and applicable laws.
- Understanding of all key stakeholders and the local healthcare system for the assigned territory and product.
- Good understanding of the science of oncology products.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and team player skills.
- Shows willingness for dynamic work, on-going learning and accepting new challenges.
- Confident and ability to create long-term relationships.
- English and Greek on advanced working level.
- Driver's license and the ability and desire to work and travel as appropriate in a field-based, customer-facing role.
- Engage and develop all relevant accounts/customers in the territory, targeting customers in line with company strategy and individual customer needs.
- Build and maintain productive, professional relationships with customers and stakeholders to ensure the promotion of our portfolio and company image.
- Work collaboratively with all functions to ensure successful launch and/or ongoing promotion of GSK oncology products.
- Effectively use a Customer Relationship Model (CRM) system for communication and documentation purposes and to strategically analyze the market and prioritize necessary action.
- Update and improvement of the target audience and their segmentation.
- Provide clear and timely feedback to the manager and other colleagues regarding outcomes of discussions and ongoing market developments.
- Accurately plan meetings or events in the territory utilizing available resources to delivery activities that drive return on investment and high impact.
- Ensure all activities and plans are executed in alignment with GSK's high ethics and compliance standards and all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
GSK Oncology is committed to the discovery and development of new and potentially life-changing therapies for patients with cancer. Our approach to oncology is focused on innovation in the areas of immuno-oncology, cell therapy, cancer epigenetics, and most recently in genetic medicine, thanks to our recent acquisition of Tesaro, Inc. and a new global alliance with Merck KGaA.
Overall, Oncology R&D has an exciting portfolio with several opportunities for first or best in class monotherapy agents in addition to significant opportunities for potentially transformative combination therapies.
For other information, please visit https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/research-and-development/our-pipeline/#our-pipeline to find more about our Oncology pipeline.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top