Product Owner (Medical Affairs) in R&D Tech area
- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Sep 18 2020
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznan Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan.We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world.
R&D Tech is at the forefront, working hand in hand with the business to deliver change via application of industry leading technologies, a product-centric organizational structure and an agile delivery approach. We are looking for a Product Owner who will have ownership and responsibility for the Scientific Engagement product domain. The Product Owner is accountable for designing and delivering the roadmap that is aligned to Medical Strategic priorities. Each Product Owner will work collaboratively with senior stakeholders to agree on priorities for their product set and deliver against those priorities.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Technology Strategy & Enablement: in the role of trusted advisor, strong domain knowledge including one or more of the following: business process, industry best practices, in market solutions
- Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value. Accountable for the product backlog and product cost forecast
- Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery and service performance and manage business risk within the scope of their product. Responsible for representing the product in governance boards such as Steering and Design Authority
- Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Accountable for creation and execution of the product roadmap. May complete hands on configuration, providing detailed designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring the product within the domain is compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all critical products
- Feature Definition: Proven ability to translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into value drivers of new technology solutions and product requirements that can be easily understood by product teams, developers and other key constituencies within the organization
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place, to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and escalations. Accountable for Lifecycle Management of the product
- Adoption strategy & change management: in the role of change agent, support both the product teams and the business in agile approaches to solution development and adoption, building excitement, momentum, visible success stories and clear value-based versions of vision as roadmap plans come to life
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Significant experience in relevant role e.g. Product Management, Business Partnering in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software analysis, design or delivery
- Strong experience in working within Agile methodology
- Track record in successful IT strategy development, solution design, programme and project delivery and service management, across multiple business lines
- Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions
- Experience of vendor management
- Strong English skills (min. C1 level)
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to influence sr. leadership and decision-making using data, market evidence
- Relentless for delivering business outcomes and value and simplification with a passion for science and advancing medicines to patients
- Experience navigating data privacy laws, such as HIPAA & GDPR
- Content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
- Knowledge and assessment of emerging trends (both functional and technical) within domain
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Scientific Bachelor Degree or higher Degree
- Experience of Pharmaceuticals processes and systems, particularly those supporting Clinical or Medical
- Experience with dashboards, Data Visualization or Business Intelligence tools (ex: Power BI)
- Experience working with streaming data analytics
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Long term incentives
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalised learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top