Product Owner (Learning Technologies)
Position: Full time
Open date: Jul 4, 2019
Functional area: IT
The Product Owner - Learning Technologies is one of two Product Owners within the SuccessFactors and HR Analytics Product Team, that is accountable for designing and delivering the roadmap for a product set that will improve the user experience for the products within their domain. Each Product Owner will work collaboratively with stakeholders to agree on priorities for their product sets, and deliver against those priorities.
The Product Owner (Learning Technologies) will have ownership and responsibility for the following product domains and technologies supporting the Global Learning & Development vision in HR. These include: Core LMS: Validated SuccessFactors LMS, iContent, BizX, OCN, PRD reporting. Social Learning: SAP Jam, Third party content aggregation, custom widget development. Learning integrations: HR Data feed, OCN integration, Webservices, Data Services, Business Objects. Other Learning Systems: Classroom Attendance Scan, Compliance Training Checker, ... Learning Data & Analytics : PRD, Business Objects, PowerBI, Qlikview, ...
The Product Owner is recognized as the go to SME for their product, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
• Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value.
Champion backlog prioritization, iteration planning working with the Learning Product team and the Learning Technologies business team. Establish Project structure , sourcing and Governance for wider/larger pieces of Work not covered in BAU. As part of Demand Management, the product owner selects experiments and key innovation introduced to meet business demand and deliver value.
• Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery and service performance and manage business risk within the scope of their product domain. They would also be responsible for representing the product set in governance boards such as Steering and Design Authority.
• Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Planning and owning the execution of the product roadmap, associated with the scope of their product set. The incumbent will have responsibility to complete hands on configuration or provide oversight over configuration within SuccessFactors LMS and SAP JAM along with other software when used, providing detailed designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Responsible for ensuring all products within the domain are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP
• Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place, partnering with the Operations team to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and escalations.
• People Management: Will work in collaboration with the Learning Product Team and HR Data team to drive and deliver business value to tight timelines adhering to the release management calendar where applicable.
There is an expectation that the incumbent provides guidance, support and direction to the SMEs and developers support work associated with their product set.
• Min. 3-5 years relevant Cloud Learning Solution SME experience in major global Tech organization, ideally SuccessFactors validated learning but other comparable Cloud Learning Software would be relevant.
• Track record in successful Tech strategy development, SuccessFactors solution design, product delivery and service management. DevOps knowledge is a plus.
• Track record in delivering business impact through process and Tech enabled solutions
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
• Deep content knowledge of the learning business functional area (business operating models, processes & products) for both compliance and non-compliance (i.e. developmental) learning.
• Candidates with very strong knowledge of non-Learning SuccessFactors Modules could be considered as well, if they demonstrate expected experience in the other module, and capacity to learn a new area quickly.
• Being able to identify and solution problems is key to the role.
• It is vital that the incumbent understands SuccessFactors end to end processes to be able to proficiently test the changes, identify gaps and understand the impacts of any changes to SuccessFactors processes on other technologies as well as on downstream systems.
• The role holder needs to be able to consider problems that arise from having multiple system tenants, making sure configuration is managed appropriately between them so that the risks to production are kept to a minimum.
• The job holder must be able to engage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Using their product knowledge and experience to provide guidance to all parties. This will include interactions with key suppliers (i.e. SAP SuccessFactors) for future product development/enhancements, defect/issue escalation and resolution. Attending Supplier user groups and networking with other customers.
• Role is global. Jobholder will need to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and experience and will need to develop and adapt communication where relevant, meaningful and applicable in the respective markets.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and/or CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 27th June 2019
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top