Product Owner, Innovation
- Qinnan, China
Site Name: Suzhou Plant Tech Industry Park
Posted Date: Feb 23 2020
Job Purpose :
- Main point of contact and accountability in supply chain for product innovation partnering with Qualtiy, Commercial, R&D and manufacturing sites in the network (including CMOs) in a matrix team
- Lead and manage all technical and related supply chain activities (eg product sourcing recommendation, initial COGs, capital investments, risk management, validation etc) to deliver new innovation/product launches
- Ensure the technical and business requirements around the criteria for acceptance, cost and risks are properly captured to facilitate stage gate decisions for product launches
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure on-time launch of new products / innovation (local stars (E2E)) and categories (stage 2 to 3)
- Work with network strategy and CMO leads on sourcing evaluation/recommendation, intitial COGS estimates for initial P&L
- Represent supply chain in cross-functional planning to generate/monitor project milestones/timeline for new product launches and provide progress updates against key deliverables at core team meetings.This includes ensuring a robust plan for new product introduction from a supply perspective and ensuring the supply chain is ready for manufacturing
- Support drafting the relevant sections of the Product Innovation Brief and Design Intent Document
- Responsible for the Technical Due Diligence of new products that are licenced from CMOs
- Support site due diligence of new CMOs where the new innovation/product will need to be sourced from
- Build effective working relationship and influence external partners to deliver against the project plan
- Ensure any capital investment is timely and accurately identified
- Work with Product Owner, CMO post launch to transfer product knowledge and share potential improvemments and VE initiatives that may be needed
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
1. Preferred Level of Education : Masters degree majored in Science or Engineering and Business (advantage)
2. Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required :
- Minimum 5-7years pharmaceutical manufacturing / technical experience or equivalent in the geographical region in question:
- Experience working with CMOs (Contract Manufacturing Operation) and interacting with their executive teams
- Experience in complex problem solving and ability to manage issues associated with supply and technical
- Knowledge of cGMP and process scale up/optimization, validation and ability to apply knowledge appropriately based on the regulatory requirements for that product classification
- Ability to challenge existing practices and to introduce new ideas and change ways of working based on sound technical knowledge of NPI activities
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization and ability to manage complexity and stakeholders from R&D, QSC and Commercial)
- Good project management, communication, negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (preferred)
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top