- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: May 11 2020
The Product Owner is accountable for designing and delivering the technology strategy and roadmap for the solutions that fall under their domain. The Discovery LIMS domain includes solutions to enable discovery scientists to manage and track scientific data generated from experiments. The Product Owner is accountable to optimize the user experience whilst delivering against strategic business priorities. The Product Owner will work collaboratively with stakeholders to agree on priorities within their domain and identify technology enablement or solutioning opportunities to deliver against those priorities.
The Product Owner will have ownership and responsibility for the Discovery LIMS product domain within the Research Labs product suite. Future and innovative systems will depend upon evolving business needs but aligning to a consistent use of data standards to enable data re-use. Current challenges relate to a complex / mainly localised system landscape that requires a single well defined strategy.
The Product Owner is recognized as the go to leader and trusted advisor for their product, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
- Technology Strategy & Enablement: in the role of trusted advisor, strong domain knowledge including business process, industry best practices, in market solutions
- Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value. Accountable for the product backlog and product cost forecast.
- Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery and service performance and manage business risk within the scope of their product. Responsible for representing the product in governance boards such as Steering and Design Authority.
- Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Accountable for creation and execution of the product roadmap. May complete hands on configuration, providing detailed designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products within the domain are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all critical products.
- Feature Definition: Proven ability to translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into value drivers of new technology solutions and product requirements that can be easily understood by product teams, developers and other key constituencies within the organization.
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place, to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and escalations. Accountable for Lifecycle Management of the product.
- People Management: Will work in collaboration with the broader team to drive and deliver business value to tight timelines adhering to the release management calendar where applicable. Depending on team structure, the incumbent will matrix or line manage the team
- Adoption strategy & change management: in the role of change agent, support both the product teams and the business in agile approaches to solution development and adoption, building excitement, momentum, visible success stories and clear value based versions of vision as roadmap plans come to life.
The role will have 50% dedicated to business partnering, to support this the candidate will be required to have frequent travel to the Boston area *
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- Degree, min. 4 years relevant (e.g. Programme Management, Service Management, Business Partner) experience in major global Tech organization
- Experience in Tech strategy development, solution design, programme and product delivery, service and vendor management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
- Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
- Knowledge and assessment of emerging trends (both functional and technical) within domain
- Track record in delivering business impact through process and Tech enabled solutions
- Scientific Bachelors Degree or Higher Degree
- Experience with R&D Discovery domain
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top