Product Manager, Data Platforms & Solutions
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Jan 9 2020
The use of data and analytics across the R&D organization has become a critical imperative in the transformation of the R&D process. The rapid growth of both internal and external data in conjunction with the creation of new modalities has increased the need for GSK to establish improved mechanisms in the collection, integration, use and re-use of data. The Data Platforms and Solutions (DPS) Group was established as a catalyst for the transformation to a more data-driven organization. This organization has the focus to support all areas of R&D in the expanded use of data and analytics.
The Product Manager, Data Platforms & Solutions within the Data Platform & Solutions Group is accountable for designing and delivering the road map for analytical products within GSK R&D. Each Product Manager will work collaboratively with stakeholders to agree on priorities and build plans to deliver against those priorities. The Product Manager is recognized as the go to leader and trusted adviser for their product portfolio, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Technology Strategy & Enablement: in the role of trusted adviser, strong domain knowledge including business process, industry best practices, in market solutions
- Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value. Accountable for the product business case, backlog, and product cost forecast.
- Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery and service performance and manage business risk within the scope of their product. Responsible for representing the product in governance boards such as Steering and Design Authority.
- Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Accountable for creation and execution of the product roadmap. May complete hands on configuration, providing detailed designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products within the domain are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all critical products.
- Feature Definition: Proven ability to translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into value drivers of new technology solutions and product requirements that can be easily understood by product teams, developers and other key constituencies within the organization.
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place, to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and escalations. Accountable for Lifecycle Management of the product.
- People Management: Will work in collaboration with the broader team to drive and deliver business value to tight timelines adhering to the release management calendar where applicable. Depending on team structure, the incumbent will matrix or line manage the team
- Go-to-market strategy & change management: in the role of change agent, support both the product teams and the business in agile approaches to solution development and adoption, building excitement, momentum, visible success stories via a well-defined go-to-market strategy working in conjunction with partners from the business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree, min. 4 years relevant (e.g. SaaS Product Management, Programme Management, Service Management, Business Partner) experience in major global Tech organization
- Track record in successful Tech strategy development, solution design, programme and product delivery, service and vendor management
- Track record in delivering business impact through process and Tech enabled solutions
- Experience and proven track record of working as part of agile product development teams.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Influencer - Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
- Problem solver - You possess strong analytical thinking skills and your decisions are data driven
- Entrepreneurial Outlook - Knowledge and assessment of emerging trends (both functional and technical) within domain
- Innovator - You are motivated by discovering user needs and applying cutting edge technologies to address them
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top