Procurement - Future Leaders Program, US - 2021
- Philadelphia, PA
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Program - Procurement
Education required: BS degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business, Supply Chain, or any Engineering or Science discipline with a strong business focus/interest. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
Other requirements: Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically and potentially internationally
Start date: September 2021
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the U.S.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for Future Leaders in Procurement
Are you an adaptable graduate with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us, and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
Procurement operates across 50 countries, making it a truly global function. And our team does more than buy goods and services - they help bring innovation and value to the entire business.
Working with these highly skilled professionals, you could be involved in a wide variety of initiatives. You could bring a new respiratory product technology from our suppliers to our patients. Or perhaps create a value-driven ad campaign with our social-media partners to reach new consumers in emerging markets. With a stream of diverse and absorbing projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
Develop your career
If you're a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we'll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over two and a half years, our Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You'll have three fascinating rotations that will give you a thorough grounding in Procurement management. You'll explore direct and indirect Procurement, with an international perspective, and take responsibility for managing spend across a range of different categories. Throughout the program, you'll work closely with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve value for money for us, and ultimately, the patient or consumer. With first-class support and training, you'll take your career into senior leadership roles and help us achieve our commercial ambitions.
What will you do?
You will discover the best ways to boost the profitability of a leading healthcare company
- You will develop purchasing and negotiation strategies and demonstrate projectleadership
- You will negotiate at senior or executive management level with our supply base
- You will gain in-depth and cross-sectional insights into the GSK Procurement function
- You will lead contract negotiations and review financial proposals
- You will manage spends across multiple functions, including marketing, manufacturing and research
- You will manage projects, prioritize tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization across the business
- You will have the chance to deepen your leadership and supply chain technical skills
Tailored training - and great career progression
We'll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. Rotation assignment opportunities vary across a number of Procurement areas, such as direct or indirect category management, site Procurement, local country Procurement, and project or operations roles. After completing the program, our associates often go on to lead their own categories of spend and move into senior management roles. There's no limit to how far you can go with us - it's up to you to prove yourself.
You'll be excited by the thought of:
- Discovering the best ways to boost the profitability of a leading healthcare company
- Honing your skills on a tailored development program
- Developing purchasing and negotiation strategies, and demonstrating project leadership
- Negotiating at senior or executive management level with our supply base
- Partnering with business functions such as finance and legal
- Leading contract negotiations and reviewing financial proposals
- Managing spend across multiple functions, including marketing, manufacturing and research
- Bringing positive changes to the business through creative and innovative ideas
- Building your leadership and management skills by mentoring/coaching others and leading project teams
- An interest in Procurement, the commercial world and the healthcare industry
- To work as a business partner, building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- The ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills that can help you influence
- Strong problem-solving skills that are driven by curiosity
- The drive and confidence to trust your own judgment
- Good project management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
Our Future Leaders Graduate Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don't have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you've already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
- Competitive relocation policy for those who are eligible
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you'll find tips on our website https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
You'll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic - you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here .
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here .
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top