Process Improvement Expert & Finance Controller
- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Jan 12 2021
Over 300 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial centre, whose headquarter is located in Poznan.
Currently, we are looking for experienced candidates for the position of Process Improvement Expert & Finance Controller. Please find details below. If you are interested in the role - apply and join our GSK Finance Hub - Europe!
As a Finance Controller & Process Improvement Expert you will supports the provision of closing and reporting activities to the Segment by delivering right first-time reporting and analysis which is insightful, fast and supports the business to develop accurate plans in a strong controls and assurance environment.
In addition, as a Close & Control Process improvement Expert, the Financial Controller will be expected to drive Process Expertise and improvement to deliver best in class C&C processes as these activities relocate to the Regional Finance Hub in Poznan balancing cost, quality, customer experience, risk management and to work on Transformation initiatives led by the C&C GPO organization. Such a role will require process expertise end to end.
Moreover, during the transition to the Poznan hub, the Finance Controller & PIE will have a key role to play to ensure the transition of activities of the accounting, reporting and controllership teams are underpinned by robust knowledge transfer & training plans.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced Finance Controller with a passion for solving problems and optimising how things work. You will likely be experienced in root cause analysis and getting to the crux of problems. You will have a strong desire to make our systems do as much of the work for you, keen to see sequential activities flow well and to be synchronized where needed. You will push to automate where it would add value. You will generate workarounds where needed with a longer term view to fix the problem. This will require a desire to get to know GSK End To End systems and processes well and to drive further improve to what is currently established.
The Finance Controller & C&C PIE key responsibilities will be:
- Process Improvement Expert (50%)
- Support the Support Function Finance Business Partner with the closing and reporting activities (30%)
- Support the OE Finance partner with the closing and reporting activities (20%)
This includes but is not limited to:
- As a Process Expert for C&C and related systems build in depth C&C process & system knowledge for defined area to support accounting, reporting and controllership activities on issue resolution, including identification of workaround to mitigate impact and agreeing right level of escalation and working with SAP Functional Consultant, GPO (Global Process Owner) and R&C (Risk & Compliance) on root cause analysis, work around and risk mitigation
- Identify and Promote best practice and drive compliance to standard practices across the teams
- Work with GPO (Global Process Owner) on transformation, Process or Technology Improvement Initiatives
- Review and monitor Control to ensure risk Mitigation and drive remediation and action plan to ensure risk are mitigated. Act as control champion for his /her area, ensure understanding of control, testing & monitoring is embedded. Recommend control design improvement to R&C.
- Escalate process and systems exceptions and ongoing systems issues to Finance Controlling Director, Regional Leader and GPO
- Feed into C&C GSK Strategy via Finance Controlling Director
- Manage all aspects of the financial month end review process, including OE, opex and Headcount reporting requirements, journals posting, Balance Sheet provision follow-up, OE benefits reporting, cashflow reporting, facilitating month end meetings, maintaining risk register & co-ordinating with all external partners.
- Support Function - Finance Business Partner, take ownership of specific processes as Global assignees cross-charge, intercompany cross-charges follow up; tax equalization provision; preparing monthly reporting decks
- Perform variance analysis for Balance Sheet, Operating expenses, Margins and Profitability, review financial information against historical run rates and future growth plans, in terms of opex and headcounts
- Ensure entities results are fully compliant with all relevant accounting standards, current best practice and any other regulations
- Ensure business complies with all aspects of the internal / external financial control environment, including published accounting papers and policies
- Supports and is responsible for the inputs to the external and internal financial audits
- Ensure consistency of GL master data and update where required
- Drive process improvement & standardisation
- Build team and LOC user knowledge through design & delivery of adequate training
- Engage with CRM on customer and/or performance process challenges
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance controlling, expertise on accounting, reporting and controllership area
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working in a control / SOX environment
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of working on a Process or Technology improvement project
- Previous experience of working with SAP mandatory
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and availability to take part in migration processes
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you're doing, you'll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company's structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top