Process Engineering Manager
- Lincoln, NE
Site Name: USA - Missouri - St. Louis, USA - Nebraska - Lincoln, USA - Tennessee - Memphis, USA - New York - Oak Hill
Posted Date: Jun 8 2021
Are you looking for an engineering role that allows you to enhance your leadership capabilities and drive process improvement across operations? If so, this Process Engineering Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and deep technical expertise in Process Engineering, while operating effectively in a matrix organization. The individual must have the leadership, functional and financial acumen to priorities and simplify initiatives and deploy programs, while having a track record of communicating and influencing effectively.
This is a new role in Consumer Health QSC and will report to the Process Engineering Lead. Continuing the theme of achieving more, it combines a focus on:
- Process Engineering and Safety; in our high performing culture we expect each team member to have the talent and drive to regularly deliver beyond their core mandate for the benefit of the business, our operations and the team.
- This role will be site based and will have a global mandate on the generation and deployment of standards, practices, toolsets and in developing our site capabilities across Process Engineering and Safety in accordance with our business priorities.
- Provides leadership and deep technical support in Process Engineering and other topics as identified:
- Identify and mitigate process safety & business risks whilst being cost sensitive -will need to ensure cost, risk and benefit are balanced
- Ensure alignment of significant capital investment projects with GSK standards, from concept to execution.
- Provides expert project advice with high impact on overall direction of projects or processes - including assessment of likelihood of success of projects and ongoing cost/benefit analysis of project delivery.
- Drives and helps set a culture of engineering and scientific excellence, creativity and innovation by implementation of key value adding process/equipment improvement projects within GSK's Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
- Works in close collaboration with above site engineering and EHS colleagues to support their activity and leverage any synergies in work streams.
- Identify key talent & build organizational capability within region - promote inter-site networking.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and appropriate learning opportunities. Ensure that technical excellence is maintained.
- Key contributor and author of auditable documentation. Approves submissions of related documentation.
- Point of contact for the global process engineering community, providing leadership for and guidance of joint development and change management programs.
- Manage global third-party activity, whilst also building relationships with new engineering consultancies and equipment suppliers to enhance our technical abilities and capacity to influence globally with a small central team.
- Helps coordinate and manage existing global SME partner activity, whilst also building relationships with engineering consultancies.
- Works in collaboration with R&D, the Technical and Engineering functions in GSK's Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain, as well as academic and other external partners (where appropriate) to deliver step-change improvements in process/equipment understanding, including process scale-up, or new equipment technology that can be industrialized.
- Working with the Process Engineering Lead, as well as the Electrical Engineering and Environmental Sustainability Lead, identify and deliver on opportunities to reduce energy consumption, aimed at reducing GSK's Consumer Healthcare carbon footprint.
- Be present at & provide hands on support to sites frequently.
- Provide proactive and reactive technical support and oversight to audits and incident investigations .
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years technical Leadership experience in a site-based engineering Role.
- 5+ years of project management experience including technical transference of products from sister manufacturing sites or from R&D.
- 5+ years' experience in establishing and maintaining high standards of GMP, GLP, Safety, Environmental & Occupational Hygiene.
- 5+ years' experience working in a matrix environment and the ability to work with multiple and complex interfaces.
- 5+ years' experience of coaching and/or mentoring teams.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PHD with a focus in Engineering
- Chartered or Professional Engineer
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top