- Missoula, MT
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: May 16 2020
Are you energized by a highly visible engineering role that optimizes technology to drive efficiency in manufacturing? If so, this Electrical Engineering Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Process Engineer you will participate in the technical aspects of technology choices, audit of suppliers, design and construction oversight, commissioning, installation qualification, operational qualification and performance qualification. Since projects affect various parts of the facility, the Process Engineer is required to coordinate efforts with other members of local and global teams. The Process Engineer actively participates in trouble shooting of production equipment and provides technology advice to the Value Stream.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines. Promotes a safety culture; perform work in a manner to ensure safety of co-workers, equipment, and self. With supervision, interpret regulation and corporate expectations into site policy and procedure.
- Ensures all activities are executed following quality and regulatory standards. Promotes a quality mindset and a quality excellence approach to all activities. With supervision, facilitate a holistic business operation model by integrating and managing non-GMP policies, rules, practices, etc. into the current ways of working.
- Drives change through others by constantly examining existing processes and systems to determine more efficient and improved ways to do things.
- Routine monitoring and enhancement of process control systems.
- Adept in determining technical solutions for problems and issues and leveraging relationships and influencing others to the desired way of thinking. Ability to bridge gap between technical and non-technical arenas.
- Delivers results by analyzing situations to determine the best solution for issues at hand. Able to think creatively to and strategically to accomplish what is best for the department, site, and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in order to achieve deliverable and adhere to timelines and budgets. Ensures efficient coordination of projects and tasks assigned by supervisor. Proactively keep process owners and supervisor informed of progress and activities. Act as a change agent. Deal positively with change, demonstrating the ability to maintain high personal performance levels as the organization evolves.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in engineering
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- To ensure operational discipline and technical authority accompany engineering decisions
- Experience implementing process improvements, monitoring process capability, and product performance assessments.
- Technical expertise in risk assessment, process validation initiatives, engineering capital projects.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Senior Engineer; 3-5 years general engineering experience (design/construction/manufacturing)
- Prior experience performing system qualification, such as FAT/SAT, commissioning, and IQ/OQ validation in a cGMP regulated industry preferred
- Excellent computer and computer networking skills.
- P.E. preferred
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top