- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Oct 13 2020
The Process Engineer develops and sets the control strategy for assigned New Product Introductions (NPI's) and leads the technical transfer of products from the pilot plant to the factory while working in conjunction with Supply Chain (SC). The projects types may involve working on variety of dosage form such as tablets, soft-gels, liquid oral suspensions, effervescent powders and topical products.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- The Process Engineers are responsible to develop robust, efficient process and sets the control strategy for assigned NPIs and Stewardship projects assigned to them. They execute the scale up from lab to Pilot and finally technical transfer from the pilot plant to the factory with GMP standards while working and in conjunction with SC.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work, write GMP-critical documentation, such as experimental reports,Batch Records, development and technology transfer reports. Creates investigation and research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Responsible for assisting in Risk assessment with key cross functional stakeholders and set up the control strategy. Develop a strong understanding of how key product quality attributes can be influenced by processing and can therefore be controlled (Process Understanding Control and Capability).
- Assist process engineering studies to introduce new and improved processing techniques and technologies, support to create scale up models by developing expert processing equipment understanding/characterization at different scales.
- Engage with R&D teams to understand technologies employed in Category and Regional products and associated challenge. Participate in regular project meetings and ensure collaboration with GSK cross-functional members (e.g. Supply chain and QA) on scale up programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, preferably concentration in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional, Engineering, or related science
- 2+ years Pharmaceutical/Consumer healthcare experience in Process development/engineering, Scale-Up or Tech Transfer for Drug Products/Dietary supplements.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in formulation and development
- Master's Degree in Science, preferably in Life Sciences Engineering.
- Good understanding of the Consumer Health / FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) product development process.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top