Process Analytical Technology Engineer/Chemist
To assist the Technical Development Manager in the delivery of team/department objectives, in the following areas: -
- Evaluate and implement (including design, install, commission and validate) selected Process Analytical Technology (PAT) application(s) on drug substance manufacturing processes.
- Lead and mentor less experienced PAT chemist(s)/engineer(s) Perform life cycle maintenance on models associated with medium-high impact PAT applications
- Provide leadership to identify, evaluate, select, design, commission,and validate suitable and value add PAT applications in drug substance manufacturing processes to enhance process understanding, to effect quality control and to support process optimization and troubleshooting.
- Classify PAT applications according to their respective criticality (low, medium, high) based on the info and data generated by these applications in making GxP decisions
- Proactively contribute to PAT and chemometric community of practice (CoP) activities, share lessons learnt with other members of the CoP, Mentor and coach less experienced members of the PAT-chemometric sub team
- Ensure that PAT application implementations are in full compliance with cGMP, EHS and other regulatory requirements
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering/Chemistry (Masters or suitable equivalent preferred for
- senior/principal grade)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in the chemical industry (min. 5 years for senior, and min 7 years for principal grade)
- Good working knowledge of GMP
- Proven track record in implementing PAT applications
- Good instrument/process troubleshooting / optimization skills
- Awareness of statistics
Watch Adrian Pang, our Resourcing Manager give a quick overview of the aforementioned role here:
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top