Principal UX Developer
- Luboń, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Grunwaldzka
Posted Date: Aug 20 2020
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznan Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the e
ntire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan.We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world.
Inside GSK, Hosting Enablement is a cross-functional team charged with providing GSK with the platforms it needs in order to reduce time to market and optimize solution delivery costs. Our focus is enabling GSK users to leverage hosting servicesin a secure, automated and integrated manner across on-premise data centres and cloud (Azure and GCP). We're looking for passionate people with low ego who are eager to learn and want to contribute to a globe-spanning team intent on challenging the status quo.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- As UX Engineer in the Enablement team, you will be the key driver of the user experience in terms of research, design and frontend engineering.
- Report to the Director of Engineering, Hosting Self-Service and work across the other teams in the Hosting Enablement group.
- Conduct user research to understand how our internal users make use of our services, design self-service interfaces to support their journeys and finally implement these user interfaces alongside the rest of the engineering team.
- Rapidly prototype, explore and test ideas and visualisations in collaboration with the product owners and architects.
- Create and implement high-quality UI deliverables based on UX goals and priorities, including layout, composition, typography and frontend engineering.
- Understand, research, and follow technical and design trends in the industry adhering to industry security best practices and GSK security Standards
- Assessemergingproducts to evaluate their potential value, and make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or use
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A desire to collaborate closely with users, engineers, & stakeholders to deliver quality software that solves problems.
- Experience conducting user research techniques such as surveys and interviews alongside user testing approaches.
- Ability to present a selection of projects where you've produced the UI design.
- A deep understanding of Typescript and considerable experience building SPAs with modern frameworks such as VueJS.
- Strong HTML & CSS skills, knowledge of approaches to scalable/modular CSS, & pre-processors such as SCSS & LESS.
- Familiarity with client-side build processes & tools such as Yarn, Webpack, Babel, etc.
- Experience with Web APIs such that the following terms make sense to you: OAuth, GraphQL, REST, WebSockets, Swagger.
- Good working knowledge of wireframe and design tools such as InDesign, Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC suite.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision while focused on delivering results aligned to the team's success metrics.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top