Principal Scientist,TPL Stewardship
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Aug 27 2020
- The Stewardship team remediates any formulation and works closely with the scale up team for technical transfer of the product to the factory.
- The candidate leads complex projects within stewardship and provides guidance and support to junior team members.
- The individual provides inputs into the resource planning and helps the team lead and stewardship lead as well as the program and strategy lead
- Provides technical leadership and sets direction for project as well as supports junior team members in their projects. Is a coach/mentor as needed.
- Ensures principals of Quality of Design (QbD), Operational Excellence (OE) and Value Engineering/Design to Value are appropriately utilized in the product development process
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with other departments/groups and fosters an environment of knowledge sharing
- Participates in the identification, recruitment and retention of talent
- Creates an environment that encourages both technical and leadership development and rewards appropriately
- Sets high standards for individuals in key areas of technical activities and effectiveness
- Provides opportunities for training, development and coaching/guidance when needed.
- Establishes an environment that supports and nurtures scientific understanding and innovation among the team
- Directs the development of all activities in accordance with GSK policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs, etc
- Ensures that internal staff are working and maintaining labs in a safe manner and that housekeeping is maintained
- Ensures that documents, formulations and analytical methods produced in accordance with appropriate levels of GMP's, SOPs and safety requirements; ensures appropriateness of specifications for drug substances/products
- Keeps current on literature and attends scientific meetings and symposiums to ensure product development for the category stays at the leading edge of trends, developments and technologies
- Provides relevant input to budgeting process
Knowledge/Education/Previous Experience Required
- BS degree in Chemical, Pharmaceutical or related science; MS/Ph.D. degree preferred
- 7 years' experience in theformulation development or conventional and novel dosage forms.
- Excellent understanding of theConsumer Health/ FMCG product development process
- Experience in leading cross functional technical teams
- Good understanding of CGMP requirements
- Successful track record of OTC / consumer product and process development.
- Experience in the field of product cost optimization, value engineering, and/or Operational Excellence
- History of demonstrated expertise in the development of conventional and novel solid, semi-solid and/or other dosage forms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels within the organization; strong technical writing capability
- Track record of coaching, mentoring, leading and developing people to build strong collaborative teams working in a high performance environment in a culture that values scientific rigor and empowerment
- External communication and/or network with regulators, external collaborators and/or scientific experts
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and organizational and project management skills
- Excellent understanding of Drug and Food GMPs as relevant to GSK Consumer Healthcare as well as familiar with FDA, European and global regularity requirements, such as ICH Excellent understanding of scientific and commercial aspects of Consumer Healthcare industry
- Experienced in negotiating and agreeing timelines and milestones with sponsors/ business partners and continually monitoring progress to ensure timely delivery
- Deep understanding of Quality of Design (QbD), Operational Excellence (OE) and Value Engineering/ Design to Value principles and how they apply in a Consumer Healthcare R&D environment
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top