Principal Innovation Scientist - VMS
- Warren, NJ
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood, USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Nov 16 2020
The Wellness Category R&D Principal Innovation Research Scientist will be responsible for creating, leading and driving early stage innovation projects for the global VMS power brands, with a focus on the Centrum multivitamin brand.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that the voice of the consumer is heard and that consumer input drives the initiatives pursued
- Identify new Category opportunities in line with category innovation strategy
- Lead the connection to all R&D, Commercial, and Supply Chain functions to enable the building of a robust innovation project for delivery into the pipeline
- Work directly with Expert Marketing and Medical Affairs to deliver consumer and customer-relevant scientific visualization for substantiated content
- Deliver qualified (consumer and technical) early stage projects and successfully transition them into the exploratory pipeline
- Identify, assess and drive forward key innovation opportunities
- Provide technical support and project leadership for identified innovation opportunities for the category.
- Lead cross-Category knowledge sharing of scientific or consumer opportunities, breaking down any 'silos' and ensuring innovation platforms span across the category
- Drive and maintain awareness of scientific literature and competitive intelligene to assist work progression and understanding
- Effectively manage external relationships, developing and implementing strategies.
- Establish a supportive, developmental and learning-orientated environment.
Consumer and Customer-Obsessed
- Serve as the voice of the consumer when developing early stage opportunities through close interaction with consumer insights and product understanding, driving early consumer input / technical consumer understanding into new innovation ideas.
- Create technical and product understanding research plans to fit overall project objectives
- Perform comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of internal and external data
- Author technical papers/presentations to enhance personal, departmental and corporate reputation.
- Lead Due Diligence on external innovation opportunities to deliver strong technical recommendations
- Deliver innovative and better ways of doing things; actively look to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures
- Mentor and advise colleagues when unexpected results occur or when major changes to project plans are considered
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Engineering or related science
- Masters of Science Degree or higher, in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Engineering or related science
- A strong technical understanding of the requirements to deliver innovation to the marketplace, along with a good grasp of the challenges associated with the other core areas in order for the incumbent to deal with the technical complexity inherent in the role and to understand the regulatory, quality and safety implications of any decisions made
- Experience of partnering with Regulatory, Product Development, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain and Clinical Development on the requirements for VMS product development and an understanding of the approval processes
- Experience in consumer-focused global healthcare related products / brand management
- Maintains external networks and represents the organization on many topics in the role of Innovation
- Experience of working with External Innovation and the evaluation of external opportunities
- Experience of working in highly complex matrix organisation
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and operational problems in a timely manner
- Experience in VMS / dietary supplements preferred
- The incumbent should demonstrate proven creative ability and a passion for identifying and delivering new innovation into the pipeline
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top