- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Aug 3 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
YOU will be accountable for the following:
- Lead and manage a team consisting of Data Engineers, Data Analyst, Data Tester, AI/ML Specialists to drive Data & Analytics program forward.
- Optimize the delivery of business intelligence platforms and applications, in terms of both throughput and quality, by promoting and embedding DevOps and DataOps tools and processes and agile delivery methods as appropriate.
- Familiarity with DevOps and DataOps tools and processes (CI/CD, Automated Testing, Automated Provisioning) and an understanding of their application to business intelligence platforms.
- Taking on the role of DevOps champion to define and implement the analysis, execution, and streamlining of DevOps practices.
- Development: Hands on, sleeves up development and delivery expected as a matter of course. This is a hybrid "do-er" + line manager role. See below for expected % allocations.
- Delivery: Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders' expectation
- Methodology: Project methodology will prioritise Agile but where regulatory requirements exist may also require traditional Waterfall approaches or a hybrid between the two.
- Mentoring: Contribute to the overall running of team, including the development of talent and capabilities.
- People Management: Manage a team of direct report Squad Leads and Engineering teams who will be directly responsible for development and delivery of new capabilities.
- Technical Architecture: Be conversant with technical architecture to contribute to design discussions in partnership with the dedicated Analytics & Data Architect.
We are looking for a people and technology evangelist. The following skills will help you navigate effortlessly.
- Experience as a senior data engineering manager/Director in the Data & Analytics arena with demonstrated expertise in managing teams to deliver in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Experience running DevOps teams for data & analytics projects.
- experience of the Azure analytics components, ADL, Data Bricks, Data Factory, Power BI & Microsoft Visual Studio is a must.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience.
- Experience in technology architecture of analytics and/or cloud data solutions (preferably on Azure) and development/delivery of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
- Experience of delivering projects and products in agile way
- Experience of continuous delivery creating and managing CI/CD processes.
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company.
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/DataBricks and/or Data Science and Machine Learning approaches.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate inherently complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top