Principal Development Scientist, Wellness
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Sep 12 2020
Are you looking for a formulation leadership role that leverages your technical expertise and allows you to shape product development? If so, this Formulation Product Development Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Formulation Product Development Manager, you will contribute to the development of the company's products. You will also participate in international product teams to define and implement development policy and programs that best support the product strategy and future positioning of the organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design and execute studies to discover, understand, model, simulate, and create new drug molecules
- Maintain knowledge of competitive market conditions, patient requirements, and technology advances
- Influence the design and execution of experiments or highly technical work programs within a specific discipline
- Responsible for final outcomes of experiments and recommend process improvement when required
- Develop and implement new scientific strategies in a specific discipline
- Monitor and contribute to scientific strategy and the implementation of a six-month planning horizon
- Execute local strategy and effectively prioritizes experimental and/or technical goals and strategies
- Create position papers on technology or program activities for upper management
- Act as a key contributor in specific area of expertise, technology or technique
- Represent technical specialists on department committees or initiatives
- Influence organizational thinking and/ or research/ development approach in area of expertise using your scientific or technological insight
- Apply knowledge of multiple disciplines or technological processes to affect program/project direction
- Mentor others in area of technical knowledge/expertise
- Influence experimental design and data interpretation across the therapeutic or development areas
- Communicate findings to internal groups in an effective manner
- Assume smaller scale program/project leadership roles or leadership of other matrix teams beyond own discipline or technological process
- Make a significant contribution to achieving project/program milestones either through leading the project or by being a core team member
- Propose and execute innovative experiments or technical work programs which influence overall program/project direction
- Contribute to solving experimental or highly technical problems of other program/project members
- Lead specialist processes and/or provide direct support to particular client group or small business unit
- Perform a leadership role for safety, regulatory, compliance or data integrity on behalf of GSK
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
•Masters, PhD, or equivalent practical work experience in relevant discipline (consult manager on equivalent practical work experience in relevant discipline)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to implement a six-month planning horizon
- Understanding of actives, raw materials and their function and how they are brought together to form a stable, functioning product from prototype evaluation to commercial launch
- Demonstrate communication skills with external key opinion leaders/experts in specific therapeutic areas or scientific disciplines
- Knowledge of related disciplines and how research in formulation should be designed to take account of related disciplines
- Demonstrate good judgment and effective decision making in applying expertise to move multiple scientific or technical projects forward
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.email@example.com联系我们。
Back to top