Principal Development Scientist, Panadol
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Oct 13 2020
Are you looking for a formulation leadership role that leverages your technical expertise and allows you to shape product development? If so, this Formulation Product Development Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Formulation Product Development Manager, you will contribute to the development of the company's products. You will also participate in international product teams to define and implement development policy and programs that best support the product strategy and future positioning of the organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design and execute studies to discover, understand, model, simulate, and create new drug molecules
- Maintain knowledge of competitive market conditions, patient requirements, and technology advances
- Influence the design and execution of experiments or highly technical work programs within a specific discipline
- Responsible for final outcomes of experiments and recommend process improvement when required
- Develop and implement new scientific strategies in a specific discipline
- Monitor and contribute to scientific strategy and the implementation of a six-month planning horizon
- Execute local strategy and effectively prioritizes experimental and/or technical goals and strategies
- Create position papers on technology or program activities for upper management
- Act as a key contributor in specific area of expertise, technology or technique
- Represent technical specialists on department committees or initiatives
- Influence organizational thinking and/ or research/ development approach in area of expertise using your scientific or technological insight
- Apply knowledge of multiple disciplines or technological processes to affect program/project direction
- Mentor others in area of technical knowledge/expertise
- Influence experimental design and data interpretation across the therapeutic or development areas
- Communicate findings to internal groups in an effective manner
- Assume smaller scale program/project leadership roles or leadership of other matrix teams beyond own discipline or technological process
- Make a significant contribution to achieving project/program milestones either through leading the project or by being a core team member
- Propose and execute innovative experiments or technical work programs which influence overall program/project direction
- Contribute to solving experimental or highly technical problems of other program/project members
- Lead specialist processes and/or provide direct support to particular client group or small business unit
- Perform a leadership role for safety, regulatory, compliance or data integrity on behalf of GSK
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We seek candidates that possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in formulation and development with a bachelor's degree or at least 7 years experience in formulation and development with a master's degree
- A minimum of 7 years of solid dosage formulation and development (i.e capsules, pills, tablets, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MS or Ph.D . degree in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- History of successful formulation and/or product development to launch
- Ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency to connect consumer needs to product development
- Deep Knowledge of R&D development processes and associated commercial environment.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Proven demonstration to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organise and report study data from internal and external sources.
- Flair for creativity and innovation
- Understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work.
Why GSK Consumer Healthcare? At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. We are focused on the research and development of innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. The GSK Consumer Healthcare business has a portfolio of some of the world's most trusted and well-loved brands. Our brands are underpinned by science-based innovation and include Flonase, TUMS, and Sensodyne and have been developed to meet the healthcare needs of consumers worldwide.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top