Principal Architect OT Solution
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Sep 28 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. Our Core Tech team believes that technology can exponentially improve anything and our mission is to provide exceptional service for all sites and applications. Join us and help empower GSK through technology.
TheCore TechnologyHosting organization isundergoing reorganization andshifting from a project management-based delivery to product based solutioning and delivery with end to endaccountability, working closely with the consumers of hosting.The OT Product Solution Architect role is requiredfordelivery of all OT Solution Architecture activitiesfor the Hosting Services organization and OT program. The OT program is a global multi-yearmulti-million GBP initiative to significantly reduce security and business continuity risks for GSK.
This roleis responsiblefor development and leadership of the technology, service strategies and architecture for theOT program in Hosting Services. This role leads the development architecturesto meet stakeholder needs, maintains and governs their useand ensures that they are in alignment with and complement the wider GSK infrastructure strategy.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible fordelivery of all OT Solution Architecture activitiesfor the Hosting Services organization and OT program
- Maintains all Solution Architecture patterns, ensures they are appropriately communicated with stakeholdersand governs their use
- Leads development of OT solution architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers
- Ensures thatsolution architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements
- Communicatestechnical designsand the rationale drivingthedesignswith stakeholders
- Co-ordinates design activitywithin Hosting Services for the OT program,acting as custodianof infrastructure plans
- Identify architectural gaps and overlaps withinexistingarchitecturesand ensuresthat they are resolved in an appropriate manner.
- Ensurestechnical integrity of projects, that common technical elements arerecognized, and that work is not unnecessarily duplicated
- Translatesproduct strategies intoarchitectural standards
- Assists in the development of service level agreements
- Publicizesservice strategies and delivery dates to keep customers and stakeholders informed
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors (BA/BS)degree, or equivalent technical qualification with relevant experience
- 10+ years of Tech/IT experience
- 5+ years of Infrastructure Architecture experience
Preferred Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable technology solutions effectively in a complex global enterprise
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-wideOperational Technologysolutions
- Demonstrated experience in working withTech staff andservice owners andsuppliers
- Demonstrated ability for sound judgment with strong emphasis on quality, cost andcontinuousimprovement
- Understand ecosystem of cyber security
- Customer/client facing experience
- Experience of operating in an international environment with tact, diplomacy and cultural sensitivity
- Demonstrated knowledge of GSKpolicies, procedures and processeswhere ongoing assurance must be managed
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top