Pricing Strategy Senior Expert
- Tokyo, Japan
Site Name: Japan - Tokyo - Akasaka
Posted Date: Mar 4 2020
his role is to contribute to maximize opportunities with a strategic approach for pricing from the early stage of development to life cycle management collaborating with cross-functional team and Global team as well as industry groups.
• Negotiate NHI prices and price premiums/PMPs for new products at listing to obtain and maintain appropriate prices leading cross-functional project team and closely reporting to Global Franchise
• Lead negotiation of CEA to protect prices collaborating cross-functional project team as well as Global VEO
• Negotiate Ryotan, home use, etc. to maximize patient access
• Make price assumptions (base case) to support more accurate business decisions
• Make pricing strategy (upside) for pipeline products and input Japan and Global team on needed RCT design and outcome, description in regulatory dossiers and PI, etc.
• Negotiate price revisions for premiums for additional indications/true endpoint as well as repricing for unprofitably/market expansion, essential drugs, and product-related Dr. fees, etc.
• Make proposals for industry opinions at FPMAJ, JPMA, and/or EFPIA collaborating with other companies
• Consult MHLW and/or PMDA on the issues as corporate representatives
• Enhance knowledge and capability by collecting information from industry group activities and sharing with the team
• Provide basic knowledge to R&D, Commercial and MRs on healthcare system
- >3 years' experience at preferably Pricing, otherwise Regulatory Affairs, Portfolio Management, VEO, or Government Affairs
- Experience in cross-functional project management
- High personal accountability and integrity combined with ability and experience
- In-depth knowledge of Pharma business and the healthcare system in Japan
- Excellent leadership, networking, and communication/negotiation skills to work effectively in a highly matrix and multicultural environment
- Strong skills of problem-solving, strategy planning, and execution
- Goal oriented self-starter with out-of-box thinking & entrepreneurial spirit
- Willing to act decisively in an uncertain environment and mature/calm under pressure
- Ability to influence across functions to drive change and achieve results
- Has experience of Medical, Development, or Business/Strategy Planning roles
- English - Basic level or higher
B.A. /B.Sc minimum, M.A., M.Sc preferred
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top