Portfolio Optimization Manager - Americas
- Waltham, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Jun 17 2020
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organization has accountability for approximately 30 million square feet of space, serving circa 50,000 GSK and support staff daily. GSK Facilities includes Pharmaceutical, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare Research & Development laboratories and manufacturing/logistics facilities, pilot plants, and Corporate and Commercial office accommodation. The new Portfolio Strategy Function (PSF) within Real Estate is aligned to WREF structure & objectives with a remit across the full GSK portfolio (c£1.6bn occupancy cost across 470 sites of c56m sqm) and is comprised of 3 regional Portfolio Optimization roles, the Occupancy / Utilization planning team & the Portfolio Strategy Director. The Portfolio Strategy team will support the WREF continued drive to evolve the function from a predominantly transaction-biased service to a more proactive function, fully aligned to all core business units and able to optimize the GSK's global portfolio with detailed analytics to becoming future ready.
Supporting and delivering portfolio or utilization deployment strategies or data gathers, the role will be a mixture of tactical analysis and CRM at Director level. In addition, portfolio report production & data / trend interrogation to develop new optimization strategies plus creating & maintaining asset utilization or management plans will ensure the Portfolio is Future Ready. The role will also provide global office space asset type subject matter expert and would preferably have some understanding of the evolving trends in the corporate workplace environment to highlight key industry innovations and potential applicability to GSK globally. Working closely with the GSK Design team the person will create a forum to understand new ways of working and the applicability of co-working "space as a service" adaptability to GSK portfolio. It will be important to build relationships with key industry partners and leaders to ensure bench marking & metrics that matter will add value to GSK.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Organized & structured with a proven ability to run multiple projects including experience of controlling multi-disciplinary, cross-border teams, drawn from external and internal resources.
- Ability to decipher large sets summarizing trends, opportunities & make recommendations
- Can influence Director level stakeholders with a consultative approach to learn about their pain points
- Recognition of differing cultural operational needs across Americas & how that will influence portfolio strategy
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills, ability to quickly build trust with stakeholders
- Must demonstrate on a consistently, transparent and open communication style which generates trust and collaborative working
- Works independently with minimum touch points
- Recognizes when to delegate and when to retain accountability for tasks
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Skilled at simplifying complex and specialist information
- A service-orientated, customer driven mind-set striving for improvement and satisfied customers within the context of GSK's priorities
- Proven ability to build strong relationships inside and outside GSK
- Preferably an understanding of office space global trends, parameters and challenges
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 5+ years' experience working in a client side or consultancy property function plus an relevant industry body or membership or can demonstrate suitable transferable skill set
- Subject matter knowledge of Office asset class, ideally be a member of a relevant industry body (e.g.: Corenet)
- Skilled in data manipulation, able to spot trends & draw conclusions / recommendations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree in relevant real estate subject, and membership of a relevant industry body Able to demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work with and to influence Director level management
- Ability to effectively communicate and build strong working relationships with internal partners
- Understanding of the cultural and operational diversity & constraints across the Americas regions with GSK presence
- Ability to work with autonomy & be part of an effective but geographically dispersed team.
- Willing to travel across the Americas region
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally. Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top