Pharmaceutical Construction Portfolio Project Manager
- Larkhall, United Kingdom
Site Name: Home Worker - GBR, UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage
Posted Date: Jul 12 2021
Are you an experienced Pharmaceutical Construction Portfolio Project Manager
Then this might be the role for you!
The role can be based in Stevanage or home based with some travel to Stevanage and EMEA sites.
The role of a Construction Portfolio Project Manager is responsible for Delivery of all capital projects (including capitalised SMW) and effective handover to Operations to enable updating of CAD and P&ID drawings with Service Partner support, Development of site Facilities Master Plans (
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Act as client interface and develop stakeholder relationships for Facilities Master Planning and project delivery
- Work with the Site Ops Director and Tech Ops Lead to determine project delivery and procurement strategy
- Develop project options in collaboration with the Site Ops Director, Occupancy and Space Planner and Tech Ops Lead (and/or delegate TOMs) for schemes to present to the business stakeholder, develop preferred scheme for scope development and detail design by design consultants.
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance. Ensure safe and compliant execution by competent contractors of all capital projects applying country regulations, GSK policies, standards, SOPs and site-specific requirements.
- Lead facilities master planning process for the site(s) and meet site business needs. Project specifications to meet all necessary EHS and compliance standards and include all related infrastructure requirements
- Manage the effective and safe delivery all capital projects (including capitalized SMW) through Service Partners, meeting budget and schedule targets
- Accountable for end to end project delivery at the site (s), including management of projects through all delivery stages (including financial/operational recovery plans), performance management against KPIs, risk assessment and mitigation and handover readiness
- Prepare and present monthly progress reports for site(s) Operations/ Business Stakeholders
- Actively participate in site and regional governance meetings with Service Partner and engage in regular operational forums including weekly site comms cells
- Actively participate in site (s) crisis team and site (s) safety committees (where applicable)
- In absence of site director (Duty Holder), delegated decision-making authority on all matters related to the site capital portfolio
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Chartered Engineer - Construction/Project Management
- Degree - Engineering
- Experience of delivering capital projects in blue chip pharma/research /academia including new builds/lab and office refurbs/infrastructure/utilities
- Experience with detailed discussions and reviews with key site stakeholders to accurately interpret and translate URBs
- Experience dealing with senior customer stakeholder management to evaluate/offer various considerations to optimise operations/space/design/engineering and financial options
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- CIBSE/Project Management
- NEBOSH diploma/certificates - fire safety/CDM/Env/Gen H&S (support provided)
- Microsoft Office including Project, Autocad
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning. Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations. Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top