Site Name: Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Posted Date: Sep 23 2021
This position is open only to people currently residing in Canada, with the legal right to work here
As a senior member of the Canadian Pharmaceuticals Tech function, this role will Partner with Local Business Teams and the appropriate Technical Product Owners (Internal and External) to deliver the technical solutions to enable key business objectives. Through strong interpersonal communication skills, direct and indirect influencing abilities, the ability to develop consensus across different teams with incongruent needs and the ability to pull through on executing the delivery of technology needs this role will help to shape and manage delivery of technology investments to allow commercial success. This will also require driving effective change plans to ensure that we maximize the value of all technology products. The role is accountable to multiple business units for the overall satisfaction with IT services and capabilities.
- Regularly partners with senior staff and management up to Vice President Level to develop and drive business cases for outcome focused technology investments that drive business performance and ideally capitalize on core strategic platforms.
- Assists with the development of IT roadmaps for Canada
- Accountable for technology product selection and solution definition by working with local and global product teams
- Accountable for the successful delivery of technology enabled initiatives including ensuring projects meet time, quality and cost targets and ensuring that business benefits are realized from technology investments
- Act as primary IT point of contact and point of escalation for Business Division/Units
- Partners with Global & Regional Technology Product Teams to support strategy input and capitalize on opportunities form these teams to drive Canadian business performance.
- Responsible for external and internal technology scans of digital engagement technologies and influencing the business cases for innovative technology products and solutions to drive business objectives
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Area of Specialization: Cloud based CRM (e.g. Salesforce), Virtual Events Technologies (e.g. webinar), Marketing Cloud (e.g. Adobe Experience Cloud), Data & Analytics Experience in Azure and PowerBI.
- Technology/Business: Application of technology within Pharmaceutical commercial sales & marketing activities
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in working in Tech with at least 2 years in leadership roles
- Expertise in Business Analysis, Relationship Management and project delivery.
- Excellent leadership skills working in line and matrix roles; strong interpersonal skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (i.e., frequent presentation to senior executives and leaders Across multiple geographies.)
- Ability to develop effective IT business Solutions, gain senior business support and align appropriate resources.
- Significant level of business consulting within sales organizations.
- Business credibility - demonstrated understanding of business facing IT and of the area of the business they are facing off to
- Evidence of driving business results through IT innovation and proven ability to use methodologies and tools to improve business processes and practices
- Evidence of facilitating business change, identifying and analyzing business requirements for new IT products, and identifying creative solutions that maximize impact while minimizing time and cost
- Evidence of the ability to work independently with senior business management
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Strong ability to work with customers to capture needs and identify opportunities
- Strong ability to work in a global operating model.
- Experience with PMP - Project Management Professional, Six Sigma and/or Agile certification would be an asset
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.