Packaging Technical Operator (2nd Shift)
- Lincoln, NE
Site Name: USA - Nebraska - Lincoln
Posted Date: Dec 7 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your Packaging Operations knowledge where you will support new product introductions and processes to increase efficiency and reduce waste? If so, this is the role for you.
As a Packaging Technical Operator, you will be responsible for continuously monitoring and making adjustments as needed on the packaging equipment used to produce product at the GSK - Lincoln facility.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- PACKAGING OPERATIONS: In accordance with cGMP documents, standard work documents and other instructional materials: maintain and operate packaging equipment at various work stations on assigned work center: perform basic measures; weigh, process and inspect product/materials; maintain adequate material/supply levels; and monitor product variables and attributes throughout preparation to ensure designated parameters and quality attributes are met
- EQUIPMENT CLEAN, CHANGE OVER and SET UP: Ensure, through direct performance and the contribution of others, the cleaning, change over, set up, troubleshooting, and maintenance of equipment in support of effective operations in accordance with required timeframes and cGMP documents, standard work documents, and other instructional materials.
- EQUIPMENT TROUBLESHOOTING and REPAIRS: Ensure, through direct performance and the contributions of others, the execution of basic equipment adjustments and minor repairs during production runs; perform independently all tasks and duties that require intermediate mechanical or technical skills to include replacing worn or non-functioning parts and assist in rebuilding and modifying equipment; coordinate and schedule preventative and predictive maintenance and repair activities; escalate issues to technical teams appropriately.
- AUTONOMOUS MAINTENANCE / PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT: Participate with autonomous maintenance activities on assigned work center as required by cGMP documents, standard work documents and other instructional materials; participate in procedure development, revision and documentation.
- MATERIALS & SUPPLIES: Continuously monitor equipment and staging areas to identify and resolve equipment and/or material issues that could slow production or affect quality or safety; continuously monitor supplies and materials for supplier quality issues; use transporting equipment safely; assist in maintaining inventory to ensure that supplies are used wisely and within parameters; continually seek to reduce waste and unnecessary costs associated with misuse or waste of consumables, supplies and other items.
- RECORD KEEPING: Accurately maintain documentation related to equipment operations, cleanings, calibrations, adjustments and troubleshooting for GMP documents, equipment logs, cleaning logs, Tier 1 boards, and all other required records used to track equipment/parts activity and status for activities performed; ensure accuracy and timeliness of record keeping by crew members by monitoring entries and providing timely and effective coaching and feedback.
- TRAINING & INSTRUCTION: Ensure proper escalation of issues to management for resolution; and maintain training compliance in the Learning Management System.
- DEVELOPMENT: Own and actively participate with skill development driving to ability to independently operate and perform work in three distinct work centers as outlined in the Operators Career Path.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a timed hands-on mechanical aptitude test (i.e. Standard Timing Model).
- 2 years' experience in production, mechanical troubleshooting or related field.
- 2 years' experience in manufacturing or packaging performing equipment set-up and change-overs -- or -- similar demonstrated experience in multi-system mechanical troubleshooting.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience with cGMP documentation or other highly regulated industry
- Experience with a lean organization or other prior exposure to lean concepts, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of SAP, Proficient, and Informance
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top